BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting

I have a 2005 Z4 as shown. Thinking of changing grill to chrome with black bars. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chrome isn’t cool. Got my grilles hydro dipped carbon fiber look. They look amazing. So yes I would to answer your question.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I’d like to see a pic of the blacked out grill.

Thought about it also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
For my e46 I did replace them with chrome/black bars, but for some while I actually had three different versions to try out.. all black can be fine also, but all chrome is bit too mercedes.. in my opinion.

·
Skeep
122 Posts
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

I have both. Just depends on who's driving. Wife's Z so she likes shiny. I prefer dark. When they're this easy to snap on and off makes for more harmony with primary driver.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I took my grills out, disassembled them, painted the slats black, reassembled and reinstalled. All of the cost of a can of spray paint..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow. Black really looks good. Thanks for sharing. I’ll have to check it out on mine. Looks sinister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,975 Posts
I like keeping my cars stock. The used car market likes that, too. I sold a twelve-year-old M3. The first person who responded to the ad bought the car. Then, 200 to 300 more people called From talking to them I got a pretty good idea what buyers liked about my ad. In no particualr order: one owner, original paint, and bone stock. Used car buyers don't want an "imprint" of the previous owner on a car.

The only mod I've made to my F10 535i was ditching those miserable OE Goodyear LS2 run-flat tires.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I like keeping my cars stock. The used car market likes that, too. I sold a twelve-year-old M3. The first person who responded to the ad bought the car. Then, 200 to 300 more people called From talking to them I got a pretty good idea what buyers liked about my ad. In no particualr order: one owner, original paint, and bone stock. Used car buyers don't want an "imprint" of the previous owner on a car.

The only mod I've made to my F10 535i was ditching those miserable OE Goodyear LS2 run-flat tires.
I would probably save original grilles as they are, but could easily use another pair, and put original ones back later.

·
Registered
2006 Z4 M Imola/Black
1,424 Posts
My M had the chrome outer ring with black slats OEM. I swapped it for full black which looks better to me. I don't care for chrome on a sports car. Although the badges still have chrome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts