BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Z4. With the low ground clearance, am frequently scraping the front bumper"s underside, typically while backing out of a driveway that has a slight grade(even @ extremely low speed). Anyone else? Also, wondered if there might be something that could be applied to that area which would absorb the scraping.

· Registered
328 Posts
Slight is a relative term. You probably have what most might consider more than a slight grade if the underneath portion of the front bumper keeps hitting the ground all the time.

I would suggest a short strip of duct tape as long as it is the underneath portion of the front bumper, so the tape cannot be seen.

· Registered
12 Posts
I also had a problem with my sport 35i, which I think slightly lowered than non-sport. no matter how careful I am when backing out, it would scrape.
I found what helped me is to park backed in to driveway(ie, tail in first), since I did this I never scrapped. Not sure if there's any logic behind this or I'm just terrible driving reverse, but it solved my problem.

· Iwanna330Cic
953 Posts
This happens quite often. Even with the sedan. Not long ago, I went to trade in my car for a new one and the used car appraiser said they would have to reduce the trade-in by $1,000 to fix the scratches under the front dam. What a racket. Of course I politely told him to take a leap, and I sold the car myself.

It's gonna happen no matter how careful you are. Some are just luckier than others. :(

Doug

· Registered
1,144 Posts
RPI makes aluminum skid plates that are cheap and easily installed.....google race precision instruments
Went to the site...could not find. Any help?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.