BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any help would be great. I am having a problem with loss of power. when im sitting at a stop dash lights will sometimes fade and then when i go to take off car wants to die untill i raise the rpms then it seems to charge and the lights return to normal. wierd thing is this problem is intermitent. sometimes i have no issues at all. car will run perfect. sometimes ill be going down the road and the car will cut in and out of power and the dash light will fade. anything i should look for? thanks 2001 z3 3.0 5spd with no mods

·
Registered
11 Posts
Double check the battery connections, make sure the connections are tight and clean. Then check the battery. You may want to take it to an auto parts store where they can do a load test on it. Then, most auto parts stores will run a quick alternator check for you with a computerized tool. It is most likely a battery or alternator problem.

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Along with those mentioned in post #2, there are smaller ground posts on or near both front strut towers and one in the trunk near the power top hydraulic unit. Remove the wires and wire brush the posts and connectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts