BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Happily Driving
Joined
·
7,383 Posts
I'd be all over that if I wasn't leasing!
 

·
The Driver
Joined
·
4,641 Posts
I already pre-purchased mine during the 15% off promotion. I'll be having it loaded to the ECU after taking re-delivery December 7th.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,882 Posts
Unfortunately, many of us already had Stage 2 installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have already spoken to Dinan to place me on the list when very good discounts come up. Once we have a few more people that are seriously interested, I will call them back and see if they are ready to deal.

Just FYI, based on the nature of their business and other factors, I would not expect giant discounts. We will see ... .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well...it looks like we have 5 of us that are interested

I will contact Dinan on Monday and see what they are willing to do. If it is a good deal, then I will report back with how Dinan would like you to handle this. For obvious reasons, each person willl need to be ready to immediatly move forward and pay Dinan directly. This will help prevent people calling Dinan in a month to say that they want the same pricing.

Just curious: do you think it is better to have a BMW Dealer do the install, or a non-Dealer Dinan member? The Dealer I spoke with said that there would be NO BMW Warranty issue. That is, not relying on the Dinan warranty, the car would still be fine under the BMW warranty. It is also convenient to use the Dealer for re-loading of the software, etc. Of course, if the deal is done through the Dealer, then the Dealer will have all the records, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
I would prefer doing this at a Dinan certified BMW dealer. I also need to make sure if this will void the CPO warranty 6yr/100k. I also wiill need this in writing from the BMW dealer or Dinan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"I would prefer doing this at a Dinan certified BMW dealer. I also need to make sure if this will void the CPO warranty 6yr/100k. I also wiill need this in writing from the BMW dealer or Dinan."

You might want to contact your BMW Dealer on Monday to see where they stand on that. Likely, it looks like our Group is back down to 4... .
 

·
Fplanner2000
Joined
·
183 Posts
I'm also interested.
 

·
Fplanner2000
Joined
·
183 Posts
I was going to wait until spring, when their next sale comes around. That is probably the best time to do a deal, plus they may have an additional tweak out by then.. So I am with you conditionally, if this is done in spring.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Talked to Dinan several times on this subject. They were very helpful. Btw, Steve Dinan's daily driver is a 550i M Sport and he R&Ds all of this stuff. He has Stage 2, Suspension and Exhaust, and possibly more I do not know about.

Dinan Group Buys have apparently not worked out well before (maybe peiple changed their minds mid-process...), so they are reluctant to do this now.

Dinan suggested:

1. Buy now at MSRP.

2. Wait and perhaps Dinan will have a future sale--no dates, no guarantees.

3. Discuss the matter with your authorized Dinan installer (Dealer or otherwise).

Btw, my authorized Dinan dealer says that the suspension kit (springs and shock mounts) will not be shipping for 10 days to 2 weeks or perhaps more.

My plan is to get both tuning and suspension, but only when the price is right!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Thanks for the update - I kind of expected that. I'm going in to winter, so don't "need" now, so I can wait.

When is their typical semi-annual sale?
 

·
The Driver
Joined
·
4,641 Posts
Thanks for the update - I kind of expected that. I'm going in to winter, so don't "need" now, so I can wait.

When is their typical semi-annual sale?
The last one was September and October. I pre-empted this so I pre purchased my upgrade in October
even though my car didn't take delivery in US till December.

The next window will probably be March and April.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top