BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody interested in a ED group buy in NC? Anyone done that before? I am looking to ED in late March 2007. If we get atleast 5 parties I guess we could go in and ask for a deal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
which dealer are you planning to go to? Would a 328 count?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
defucius said:
which dealer are you planning to go to? Would a 328 count?
I am open to any dealer. I have never done this before so I do not know if a 328 will count. I will ask. I haven't even thought about dealers - i plan to start with Performance BMW in Chapel Hill and Leith BMW but I am open to any dealer. At this point, I am trying to gauge interest to see if we can get a group and if so I want to bring it with with dealers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've searched the ED forum. It seems that the winston salem dealer is the recommended dealer for ED in this area. I've talked to Performance before, and felt that they were not keen on doing ED. I'd join the group buy if 328 counts. And my time frame is a little later than yours because of other constraints. But we can work out the details once we find enough interests.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in. I'm interested in a 335 or a 335 convertible for ED. So March might be perfect. I live in the Wash DC metro area. I don't think the type of car matters.

·
Registered
64 Posts
mdplaya said:
I'm in. I'm interested in a 335 or a 335 convertible for ED. So March might be perfect. I live in the Wash DC metro area. I don't think the type of car matters.
If you're in DC, then you should contact Joern Esser over at Passport BMW. That's pretty much a no brainer. Got my 330 through him, and he knows all the ins and outs of ED.

·
Registered
29 Posts
group buy in NC

fidozoom said:
Anybody interested in a ED group buy in NC? Anyone done that before? I am looking to ED in late March 2007. If we get atleast 5 parties I guess we could go in and ask for a deal.
I'd be interested. I am looking at a 328iT wagon. can't imagine that dealers care which version you get...."volume discounting" and all that. However, I can't do Munich pick up until December.

I just sent email to Performance of Chapel Hill inquiring about ED. PM me and I'll let you know how they respond. I'd like to give the local dealer a chance, but if they aren't interested, then I'm following everyone's advice and going to Passport.

J.

·
Registered
29 Posts
group buy in NC

fidozoom said:
I'd be interested. I am looking at a 328iT wagon. can't imagine that dealers care which version you get...."volume discounting" and all that. However, I can't do Munich pick up until December.

I just sent email to Performance of Chapel Hill inquiring about ED. PM me and I'll let you know how they respond. I'd like to give the local dealer a chance, but if they aren't interested, then I'm following everyone's advice and going to Passport.

J.

·
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!
295 Posts
fidozoom said:
I'm kind of in the same boat - I'd like to do ED of an E92 335i in 5/07. I personally would not recommend trying to negotiate on a car that hasn't even been released yet. I realize that people are throwing out news of good deals now but since you can order a car for ED 60-90 days prior to delivery in Munich - I think that waiting as long as possible may be a better plan for a more attractive offer.

Also I'm not holding out hope for a decent deal anywhere in the Triangle area. Joern Esser sounds like the best plan - or Adrian in Atlanta.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd be interested. Was just in Germany for the World Cup and was hoping to pick up a new BMW, but didn't have enough ramp. Definitely want to go back. Been driving an A4 the last few years and really miss my old Bimmer.

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
I was just thinking about organizing a group buy here in Charlotte some time next year. Keep me posted. Meanwhile, I'll check with Hendrick BMW here too and we can compare pricing.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will start compiling a list tonight with the folks who have responded and try to list car needed and date needed. As I mentioned, I am looking at ED in Late March 2007 and looking to order in December. I am thinking (maybe naively) that december is a good time to order coz dealers will be looking to make money for Christmas and more importantly it would have been 3 months since the 335 would heva gotten to the US giving us time to have evaluated it /make our final decisions and also the initial craze for the new model would have hopefulyl died down. I for one don't have the kind ofmoney to throw at a car that I haven't seen and felt, so I would like to wait till December. So I will compile the list with the info I have from this thread and you guys can fill in whatever is missing.

Cheers!

·
Vendor
7,262 Posts
Guys,

Can I volunteer to help you with your group buy? I have a friends and family sale going on right now for Fest members (see my sig) and I'll be happy to give ya'll a super value and Atlanta's not too far anyway.:thumbup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Adrian, thanks for the offer! We should definitely speak once we have the list! Other members who have expressed interest in the group buy, what I will do is, in the list I am preparing I will note dealer preference as well. Of course you are free to change dealer preferences based on where we get the best offer as a group :) Been a little delayed by work pressures but will work on the list tonight.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
adrian's bmw said:
Guys,

Can I volunteer to help you with your group buy? I have a friends and family sale going on right now for Fest members (see my sig) and I'll be happy to give ya'll a super value and Atlanta's not too far anyway.:thumbup:
Do you also do BMW individual options? Just curious if it is possible in the US.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Adrian, Atlanta is quite a drive for us in the Raleigh area. Wonder how much is it for you deliver the cars to us locally, or a friendly dealership closer?

·
Vendor
7,262 Posts
defucius said:
Adrian, Atlanta is quite a drive for us in the Raleigh area. Wonder how much is it for you deliver the cars to us locally, or a friendly dealership closer?
Well, I've had several Fest members drive back home from Atlanta from FL, WI, NJ, NY, VA, AL, PA, TX, NC, OH, IL, etc. (The savings was significant enough to be worth the drive and certainly worth supporting a Fest Sponsor.) IMO, it's much less expensive to fly and drive than to truck or CD in some instances.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
link said:
If you're in DC, then you should contact Joern Esser over at Passport BMW. That's pretty much a no brainer. Got my 330 through him, and he knows all the ins and outs of ED.
while that might be true, we *might* get a better deal at the same dealer as a group buy and I am open to going to dealers in neighboring states as well if it will save us money (of course considering the extra delivery charges or driving charges to pickup in the US on redeliery)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The List

This is what I got so far: I can't get formatting too good on this forum. Also I want to be able to add dealer names and see who is interested in going where. I'd propose,
a. Starting a Wiki site. For those of you who are not familiar with Wikis they are line an online scratchboard where members (and we can restrict access) can contribute to a living document. I can set this up pretty quickly. yes, we will have to do our discussions outside this site but it might be much easier as we get more people int he group and also we have new factors to consider as to which members are interested in going to which dealer and waht dealer is offering what. Members on this list now, please respond to what you'd like to do and I'll go likewise. Also, keeping the information we collect as a group for the group buy outside this forum with restricted access to group members only may be a better option.
b. Post this as an attachment. Am not sure if I can attach txt files - i'll try, else it will have to be PDFs and folks who want changes will need to let me know so that I can update and post again.

Either option will work for me. As of now, here is the list. Please post some more details so that the ??? can be filled up and we all know where we stand so that we can take decisions as a group.

Username Car needed ED Pickup Date Order date Dealer Preferences

fidozoom E90 335 Mar 2007 Dec 2006, Wait ALAP Cheapest offer; will go outta state if dealer difference is more than 1000$

defucius E90 328 > Mar 2007 (??) (???) In state (???)

mdplaya E90 335 Mar 2007 (???) DC area

eyedoc E90 335 (???) Wait ALAP NC, DC, Atlanta

direwolf (???) (???) (???) (???)

Pete Teoh (???) Next year Next year (???) Charlotte

btw, ALAP = As Long As Possible

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.