Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for my encore walkthrough of the new car today with the purpose of getting my wife more familiar with the car. As I always do, I parked in a spot where I had ample space between myself and any other car, allowing for plenty of space between my car and the next space. While the BMW sales guy is running my wife through the car a moron pulls into the spot next to me, giving tons of leeway to the jeep on his passenger side, but tight against my car on the driver side. He was careful and didn't bang my car with his door as he got out but, yep! slammed his door into mine getting in. I couldn't see any damage when I got out to look but, I wanted to kill the guy for being so freaking careless. No apologies, just a sheepish look for being a dick.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,743 Posts
People who pay attention or care are so rare! Glad no damage.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Some people are just morons. Ridiculous.

·
2015 328x
1,653 Posts
I really go ballistic with these morons. You can park in a section that doesn't have a single car because it is so far away. You walk away the only car there. Come back out and now there are 2 cars, your car and the other piehole is hugging the line next to you. Just as bad are the imbeciles who drive all over the parking lot looking for a spot that has no shopping carts near it then come out and leave their shopping cart precariously ready to roll anywhere. They same day I picked up my new 2015 my wife and I drove to a nearby strip mall to get out and get lunch. It was a very small group of small stores with a very large parking area. Of course Since I just drove out of dealers lot I park her so far that my wife looks at me and says seriously? I said of course you know me. I don't want anyone near me. we sat for a moment looking over the interior. As I am about to get out I see a huge Suburban type vehicle turn into the lot. I sit half turned holding the door . Sure enough this guy starts to pull right along side me. I immediately step out of the car as he is mid way into turning in. I stand there with my door wide open. I look in this behemoth vehicle and the back is loaded with little kiddies who will just swing those tank doors wide open into whomever is nearby. The guy stops, backs up and then goes as close to the buildings as he could. I am probably psychotic like this but it enrages me when people do this. WHY? We were so far away from the buildings. The car is obviously brand new and Mr. Tank chooses to pull up alongside with crumbsnatchers ready to swing open the doors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Don't get me started on the shopping cart people. I've gotten into one too many altercation with some lazy a** that can't return a shopping cart 50 steps to where they go. Unless you are disabled or a senior citizen you should be big enough to return a cart.

·
Registered
911 Posts
What I can't understand is that OP was in a BMW parking lot. The guy must have had some appreciation of cars.

·
Registered
714 Posts
This is why I don't begrudge someone taking up two parking spots. It should become part of acceptable car etiquette, when these two conditions are met:

1. It's done because someone cares about their car, not because of carelessness, i.e. plain awful parking.

2. It's done during a time or in a section of the lot where there is little enough demand for parking that nobody is deprived of a space. It must be victimless.

All other scenarios are worthy of scorn.

·
2015 328x
1,653 Posts
That's why we never take our 435 to any store parking lot. Have other cars for mundane task.
I bought my car to drive. I cant see if any time I go to a Drs. appt, hotel, anywhere I need to park, taking another car. I won't let the animals win. :mad: It's aggravating for sure but such is life.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was extremely aggravated because 1) this guy could tell he was hugging the line next to my car, 2) he didn't have a passenger so could easily have re-parked to give himself more room, and 3) there were plenty of other spaces available where he didn't need to park next to any other car. At the very least he should have acknowledged he hit my car and checked to see if there was any damage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
2015 328x
1,653 Posts
An actual conversation I had with a friend who just bought a new Porsche revolved around this scenario. He mentioned how he told his friend that he goes to the gym and leaves his car in a section of the lot rarely used that is at least 100 yards away. His friend replied "oh, you're one of those A holes who parks your car so far away because you don't want anyone near your car? His friend continued with..."well when I see a car like that I go out of my way to pull up right next to it and park." I understand getting annoyed at the guy who diagonally parks across 2 and even 4 spots at once. Why would someone care that You or I parked on the other end enough that they need to park next to you and then even brag about it? Humanity needs a thinning of the herd.

'

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
That's why we never take our 435 to any store parking lot. Have other cars for mundane task.
Leno said something similar once. I think he was talking about his cars with a guest and the guest asked about parking. Leno said something like, "Oh I never park my cars." I loved the way he just threw it out there casually like, "hell no I'm not letting any morons ding my cars everybody knows that!"

·
2020 Z4 M40i
4,569 Posts
I bought my car to drive. I cant see if any time I go to a Drs. appt, hotel, anywhere I need to park, taking another car. I won't let the animals win. :mad: It's aggravating for sure but such is life.
Agree 100%. I will park at the back of the lot but I am not taking the pickup out every time I need to park someplace.

·
Registered
714 Posts
"oh, you're one of those A holes who parks your car so far away because you don't want anyone near your car? His friend continued with..."well when I see a car like that I go out of my way to pull up right next to it and park."
That's called spite. Pretty clear who the real A hole is in that example.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,558 Posts
Uh, time for a reality check. It's a car, not a Faberge egg. You are driving a mass produced mid-priced vehicle, not some priceless exotic.

I understand the guys driving Aston's, 911's and Ferraris being total d*cks and taking up two spots when they park. They've earned the right. But if you're driving a 3 series and you pull that shyte, you need to get over yourself.

·
2015 328x
1,653 Posts
Uh, time for a reality check. It's a car, not a Faberge egg. You are driving a mass produced mid-priced vehicle, not some priceless exotic.

I understand the guys driving Aston's, 911's and Ferraris being total d*cks and taking up two spots when they park. They've earned the right. But if you're driving a 3 series and you pull that shyte, you need to get over yourself.

Nobody has a right to take two spots. There is always a spot further away that you can take to give you better odds. Nice fancy car taking 2 spots is just asking for trouble. When someone who can only afford a $20,000 new car they love it as much as the Porsche guy. But only the Porsche and the like are entitled?

·
Registered
714 Posts
I understand the guys driving Aston's, 911's and Ferraris being total d*cks and taking up two spots when they park. They've earned the right.
Nobody has earned the right. What I'm proposing is that whether 911 or Camry, if someone cares about their car for whatever personal reasons and there are literally *more than enough* spaces for all who want them, there should be no harm in taking 2 spots. If there are 50 spots, and only 40 cars parking, who has been harmed by someone taking 2 spots?

Yes, I recognize the reality that someone will key the car, but that assailant's moral indignation is unfounded.

-T

1 - 20 of 29 Posts