BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did you have to go to a body shop to paint it? How well does it match? How well is the fit? I have an MG too

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you have to go to a body shop to paint it? How well does it match? How well is the fit? I have an MG too

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
yes I had the hood painted frozen black at Braman BMW Body Shop, they have a very good painter for frozen paints, the hood comes from BMW only with primer, you have to painted it, the match was perfect, see some additional pictures (just iphone pics)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
That looks great! And it's paint, not a vinyl wrap, correct?

I'm going to be doing a 3M 1080 vinyl wrap on my truck (not my M3) soon. I was talked out of doing a matte wrap. Even though they look great they can be tough to maintain and wear a bit sooner. I'm going to do the Satin Dark Grey from 3M.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks great! And it's paint, not a vinyl wrap, correct?

I'm going to be doing a 3M 1080 vinyl wrap on my truck (not my M3) soon. I was talked out of doing a matte wrap. Even though they look great they can be tough to maintain and wear a bit sooner. I'm going to do the Satin Dark Grey from 3M.
correct, it is OEM paint (BMW Individual Frozen Black), wrap looks quite different, see attached an xpel stealth wrap that I installed to replaced those shiny wraps that came from factory, it looks so different, I am thinking on removing them but they do protect against rock chips on those rocker panels

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey,

Congratultions!

It looks Hot!

Good choice in having it painted. Primer is only on top, correct? Did you do the underside, as well or leave the C.F. exposed as God intended??

Also, did you have to get the part specific hinge/struts?

Pic's!?!

Cheers!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey,

Congratultions!

It looks Hot!

Good choice in having it painted. Primer is only on top, correct? Did you do the underside, as well and leave the C.F. exposed?

Also, did you have to get the part specific hinge/struts?

Pic's!?!

Cheers!

thanks man! yeah primer came only on the top, I didnt do the underside, it was left raw carbon fiber, it is the way the GTS has it also
The hood comes with hinge/struts included, the rest of hardware you use the stock ones
here are a couple of pics of the underside and some more of the hood

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey,

Excellent!

Have you got a Part # for your C.F. Hood & Hinge/Strut combo?

Please advise.

Cheers!

The P/N on the dealer invoice came as PKM4GTSHOOD (this is more like a Product ID), the P/N shown on the hood itself is 4161 8090780-07, see attached pic

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts