BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are six fasteners on the guibo. Three of them are visible nuts on bolts and the other three are bolts. All the nuts are off, and all the bolts are so loose I can essentially turn them by hand, but they won't come out. I can't get the bolts out, thus the driveshaft won't come off and thus the guibo is still on. I even tried to take a tire iron and work the guibo off hoping to "pop" the bolts, but no luck. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I get this thing off?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok...after checking some diagrams on OEM...it looks like there are nuts that connect to the bolts. The problem now is that there's a piece, looks like a sleeve or something that the guibo slips into and I cant get to the nuts. Does this "sleeve" come off?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to the "BMW" board. This cat who goes under the name, " epj 3" posted excellent pictures and showed me what I was doing wrong. can you believe that after about 12 hours spread over three days of reading,researching, and wrenching, what i was doing wrong was not looking further up front to see the bolts on the back? But also, he mentioned what he called the "driveshaft expansion joint" that's located just left of the center support bearing, looking towards the front of the car. This should be loosened wirth a pair of waterpump pliers to give you some play in the shaft. Others say once you get the bolts out you can just slide the shaft back. we'll see tomorrow. sorry for all the posts on the issue, but you know what it's like working on a tarp on the ground, car on jack syands, and just enough room to wrench and get the 175 pound body under there.
Thanks guys for your patience and I hope all this helps someone else.

Here are his pics....

http://www.bmwboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22327

1 - 4 of 4 Posts