BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alee had posted long time ago that Windows CE was running in the new 7 Series. Now I'm reading the news that BMW AG opened its own software department (BMW Car IT) to develop its own software, after the increasing complaints on the new 7 Series.

At the moment there are 10 computer programmers working, the number will be increased to 20 in this year. 'We are having difficulty in finding programmers with experience in the automobile industry", said Jochen Mueller, BMW Press.

Last error reported ; the display is not showing the correct rest tank . Diagnose : Software Error :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Alex Baumann said:

Last error reported ; the display is not showing the correct rest tank . Diagnose : Software Error :)
I think it is human error. Software is as good as the people who develop it. Quiet! We don't want to awake someone in Seattle :D

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Re: Re: Guilty as charged

DaveN323i said:

I think it is human error. Software is as good as the people who develop it. Quiet! We don't want to awake someone in Seattle :D
There are never any software bugs, only software features that the user never quite understands. :)

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Guilty as charged

Ripsnort said:

There are never any software bugs, only software features that the user never quite understands. :)
Too true! I think BMW just need a good IT project manager...now where did I put that resume????

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Guilty as charged

in_d_haus said:

Too true! I think BMW just need a good IT project manager...now where did I put that resume????
Haus, it's no joke, they're really looking for IT people.

·
Grumpy and Cynical
7,639 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Guilty as charged

in_d_haus said:

Hey! Get in line!!!!!!!!!! :)

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts