Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I***8217;ve got an 09 BMW 328i. I have no mods and nothing done to it besides coding done with the Carly OBD 2 adapter.

I was driving regularly after getting gas when I got a service engine soon light (yellow) a few weeks ago, when I was driving it was surging power and sputtering while driving. Took it home and left it for a few days and it wouldn***8217;t start (it will crank but not turn over fully) it***8217;ll turn over like it***8217;s almost there but won***8217;t start.

It still won***8217;t start after that, I ran some codes with my adapter and it gave me mixture control issues along with EWS4 timing chall error which I thought was my O2 sensors and for some reason the anti theft kicked it, I later figured out my battery had a dead cell so I replaced it, cleared the codes and they didn***8217;t pop up again.

Now it***8217;s giving me dynamic stability control codes and DME (which I think is the chip that helps regulates fuel). I had looked on a ton of forums and have cleaned my vanos solenoid and mass air flow sensor think they could be the fix, I don***8217;t think my spark plugs and ignition coils are the problem but I***8217;m not sure since I haven***8217;t pulled them out to check. I***8217;m at a real loss on what the problem is, i talked to some friends and online on more bmw forums for situations like mine and I***8217;ve gathered that I should run a fuel pump pressure test and go from there.

I***8217;m at a real loss on what to do here

ERROR CODES PROVIDED BY CARLY OBD II:

006EC4 - Steering Sensor Angle

00A559 - :KL30g f Cutoff

00ABEC - Error Connection to radio drive

00A8B6 - Left Brake Light Is Defective

00A8A9 - High Beam and Conerning Broken

009CD0 - Folded Passenger Side Mirror Defect

009CCF - Driver Side Folded Passenger Mirror Defect

·
Registered
742 Posts
Looks like nothing more than a bad battery.

Actually it maybe the main battery lead. Have you had yours replaced?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts