BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im Buying Lowering Springs This Weekend, And I Have Done Hella Research On The Matter And Finally Decided To Go With H&R, But I Can Not Make Up My Mind Between The Race Or Sport Springs... I Really Want The More Slammed Look So I'm Most Likely Going To Go With The Race Springs That Will Drop My Car The Full 2 Inchs Instead Of The 1.4-1.6 With The Sport Springs...

Right Now My Car Is Sitting On 225-50-17 Stock Rims And I Want To Know If Anyone Has Put Race Springs On A 528i And Have They Had Any Issues With Rubbing Or Did They Have To Do A Fender Roll, What Spacers They Got Away With Without Issues, Etc... Etc...

I Have Style 5 BBS Rims From The Old 5er Im Restoring Currently That Are The Same Size As My Current Stock So I Plan To FlipFlop Rims When I Drop So Tire Size Wont Change...

I Have Read From Many That The Sport Springs Don't Even Need A Fender Roll And People Run 15mm Spacers Front & Back No Issues, But When I Look For Info On The Race Springs, I Cant Find Much About People Running Them Or Any Issues They Had...

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
So Im Buying Lowering Springs This Weekend, And I Have Done Hella Research On The Matter And Finally Decided To Go With H&R, But I Can Not Make Up My Mind Between The Race Or Sport Springs... I Really Want The More Slammed Look So I'm Most Likely Going To Go With The Race Springs That Will Drop My Car The Full 2 Inchs Instead Of The 1.4-1.6 With The Sport Springs...

Right Now My Car Is Sitting On 225-50-17 Stock Rims And I Want To Know If Anyone Has Put Race Springs On A 528i And Have They Had Any Issues With Rubbing Or Did They Have To Do A Fender Roll, What Spacers They Got Away With Without Issues, Etc... Etc...

I Have Style 5 BBS Rims From The Old 5er Im Restoring Currently That Are The Same Size As My Current Stock So I Plan To FlipFlop Rims When I Drop So Tire Size Wont Change...

I Have Read From Many That The Sport Springs Don't Even Need A Fender Roll And People Run 15mm Spacers Front & Back No Issues, But When I Look For Info On The Race Springs, I Cant Find Much About People Running Them Or Any Issues They Had...
I assume you have 8j rim width which will not be an issue with rubbing. Also, what's the offset on the rims you are restoring. This info is crucial to making a decision on spacer size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Banned
183 Posts
lowering springs ride like ****, you clearly havent done enough research if you have decided to buy lowering springs. unless your car has the lowered sport suspension from the factory i do not recommend it. look into the bilstein b12 kit, fortune auto coilovers, ohlins, BC racing, KW, etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank You EtherGhost Thats Exactly What I Wanted To Hear... I Do Currently Have 8J but I will Be Installing E39 BBS RC090 17x8 +20mm

& Str8 Six I Wish I Could Afford Coils Right Now But My Pockets Are Tight, I Just Got My Car Back From The Shop, Replaced The Tranny For $4700 at 101k :mad: & I Don't Have Sport Suspension But Have Konis Installed At 90k

·
Banned
183 Posts
Thank You EtherGhost Thats Exactly What I Wanted To Hear... I Do Currently Have 8Js but I will Be Installing E36 BBS RC090 17x8 +20mm

& Str8 Six I Wish I Could Afford Coils Right Now But My Pockets Are Tight, I Just Got My Car Back From The Shop, Replaced The Tranny For $4700 at 101k
& I Don't Have Sport Suspension But Have Konis Installed At 90k
Oh so then youre good, you dont need coilovers. I recommend eibach springs over H&R though. The drop is not as aggressive but the car will ride better.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Thank You EtherGhost Thats Exactly What I Wanted To Hear... I Do Currently Have 8J but I will Be Installing E39 BBS RC090 17x8 +20mm

& Str8 Six I Wish I Could Afford Coils Right Now But My Pockets Are Tight, I Just Got My Car Back From The Shop, Replaced The Tranny For $4700 at 101k :mad: & I Don't Have Sport Suspension But Have Konis Installed At 90k
Sorry to hear about the tranny... About the look of the car... Are you aiming for flush look?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh so then youre good, you dont need coilovers. I recommend eibach springs over H&R though. The drop is not as aggressive but the car will ride better.
Any Reasons Why In Particular, I Read The Eibachs Give The Car A More Raked Look, The H&R Race Springs Looked Like The Biggest Drop I Could Find From Springs Without Going To Coils...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear about the tranny... About the look of the car... Are you aiming for flush look?
So I Just Pulled The Trigger On The H&R Race Springs, :roundel: Should Be Here By Next Wednesday...

Any Opinions On What Spacer Size I Should Run With Those BBS Rims They Are +20

1 - 9 of 9 Posts