BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
my first bmw
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone had these springs installed in their cars and if you can tell me hows the ride quality and the difference in handling after the springs were installed.

i am planning to put this set of springs on my car, but still trying to figure out if i should go with the H&R sport springs or the H&R race springs. the sport springs lowers the car less than the race springs and since it does my idea was that it will make the ride stiffer but i could be wrong.

thanks!

any feedback is welcomed!!

·
Older than old school
4,461 Posts
The longer springs will provide more wheel travel to soak up the bumps and will give you a more comfortable ride. In general, racing springs are much stiffer because they have to prevent a lowered car from bottoming out the suspension. In general, race springs aren't suited for the street, where you encounter things like potholes, speed bumps, and broken pavement. Don't know if that answers your question exactly, but maybe it helps a little.

·
Older than old school
4,461 Posts
If you check the specs of the spring rates (lbs/inch of compression) you'll find that racing springs are rated higher, i.e., stiffer, which will create a harsher ride. So the answer to whether it would ruin your ride or not depends on what your threshold of discomfort is.

There are guys on the board, like Mark at EACTuning (a site sponsor), who can give a more specific answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.