BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

H8 HID Angle eyes 2008+ e63 LCI

5151 19
I spent the entire weekend add cosmatic mod on the 6 series.

- Jet black grill
- LED Licence plate
- Amp/subwoofer
- jet black 650i emblem
- H8 HID AE with resistor pack 8000K

here is a pic of the AE

Can outter ring is not very bright =/

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
question on 2006 model
my inner light is not on
how can i make the ligh on? do i have to go to bmw dealer?
can i go to any body shop and make it work with OBD2?
please help let me know

thank you
This is your DRL lights (day rime running lights) On the 04 to 05 I know that it was always on and to have it turned off required Dealer service. Since you have an 06 I am not sure if this option is in your idrive. On my 08 it's an option in the idrive so I am able to turn on and off. One of the guys with an 06 can chime in on this option in the idrive.
question on 2006 model
my inner light is not on
how can i make the ligh on? do i have to go to bmw dealer?
can i go to any body shop and make it work with OBD2?
please help let me know

thank you
Looks awesome Ellicit :thumbup: I was thinking at one point to do my H8 light as well for the angel eyes but haven't looked into getting it done. Which H8 HID product did you use?
I spent the entire weekend add cosmatic mod on the 6 series.

- Jet black grill
- LED Licence plate
- Amp/subwoofer
- jet black 650i emblem
- H8 HID AE with resistor pack 8000K

Can outter ring is not very bright =/
thanks.

The inner light DRL for pre-LCI.. Im not sure about your car, as Pablo said there should be an option on your iDrive for DLR, My LCI dont have a bulb there, :dunno: maybe cause our DRL is actually the angle eyes.

checkout this thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115902
Thanks,

its running 8000K HID.. I though I could just buy the HID and pop it in, nope... the light didnt even turn on... so I ended up doing a lot of research, finally I had to buy

- RELAY HARNESS WITH LOAD RESISTOR.
- Additional LOAD RESISTOR
- Capacitors
Looks awesome Ellicit :thumbup: I was thinking at one point to do my H8 light as well for the angel eyes but haven't looked into getting it done. Which H8 HID product did you use?
Wow! Thanks for the info. Now I rememebr why I did not even bother doing it.
Thanks,

its running 8000K HID.. I though I could just buy the HID and pop it in, nope... the light didnt even turn on... so I ended up doing a lot of research, finally I had to buy

- RELAY HARNESS WITH LOAD RESISTOR.
- Additional LOAD RESISTOR
- Capacitors
i would stay far away from HID angel eyes, i am sure you wouldnt want your fiber optic tubes to turn yellow overtime!
Well, I bought ur Angle eyes Lite version for the e63, and failed (it was recommended by your staff), when installed only the inner light shows, but the outer ring has not effect even at night time.
with no other option, I ended up putting in the HID kit. I've read about the yellow rings, its either I run regular h8, which is yellow anyways or risk using HID, I went with HID.

Did you guys actually test the LITE version on LIC 08+ e63 version? or your staff is just throwing it out there? also I was told I wouldn't need a resistor pack, but my iDrive showed errors.

I was looking for LED plate light for the 08+ your staff told me to get Umnitza ION License Plate Lights V4, which I did, when I went to install it, it was a total fail, the size was wrong, we run 194 light, not the "Umnitza ION License Plate Lights V4" style
i would stay far away from HID angel eyes, i am sure you wouldnt want your fiber optic tubes to turn yellow overtime!
all of our LED angel eyes are error free or a full refund will apply, your confused with another company
Well, I bought ur Angle eyes Lite version for the e63, and failed (it was recommended by your staff), when installed only the inner light shows, but the outer ring has not effect even at night time.
with no other option, I ended up putting in the HID kit. I've read about the yellow rings, its either I run regular h8, which is yellow anyways or risk using HID, I went with HID.

Did you guys actually test the LITE version on LIC 08+ e63 version? or your staff is just throwing it out there? also I was told I wouldn't need a resistor pack, but my iDrive showed errors.

I was looking for LED plate light for the 08+ your staff told me to get Umnitza ION License Plate Lights V4, which I did, when I went to install it, it was a total fail, the size was wrong, we run 194 light, not the "Umnitza ION License Plate Lights V4" style
these are HID angel eyes with usage less than one year, LED angel eyes ftw!!!, 100% plug and play with NO drilling

So what are you saying, the HIDS yellow the AE?
these are HID angel eyes with usage less than one year, LED angel eyes ftw!!!, 100% plug and play with NO drilling

+1, pictures should do all of the explaining, thats why we Only recommend LED angel eyes, and Not HID angel eyes at all.
So what are you saying, the HIDS yellow the AE?
@E92-Lighting

But why did I read that someone had your kit and had errors and problems...doesn't sound like either option works
none of our DTEC angel eyes have any issues or error codes or a full refund will apply.
@E92-Lighting

But why did I read that someone had your kit and had errors and problems...doesn't sound like either option works
Yes, that was your reply to him too...doesn't really help to be honest
H8 HID angel eyes kits will turn your yellow fiber optics yellow overtime like this.

H8 LED angel eyes kits from our company will NOT cause your yellow fiber optics to turn yellow its a proven fact, actually, it will stay crystal clear as it should.
So those are headlight kits that did that? I'm confused I guess with Angel Eyes vs HID
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.