BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
less than 1 can? thanks. now to find some fluid. ate superblue right? also nate, which dealer do you go to in houston for service. moving there next month and advantage is closest to me, but i'm willing to drive for service (granted i would need for the dealer to provide a loaner if it's not advantage...)
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:
less than 1 can? thanks. now to find some fluid. ate superblue right? also nate, which dealer do you go to in houston for service. moving there next month and advantage is closest to me, but i'm willing to drive for service (granted i would need for the dealer to provide a loaner if it's not advantage...)
Advantage is probably closest to me, but I've never been there. Momentum has been spotty, BMW of Houston North has been excellent. I had to go there after Momentum and Advantage were flooded with flood damage cars. My car is at Momentum now, actually. I doubt that anyone will give you a loaner car if you didn't buy there, you will have to call. You might get a rental car though.

Drop by the Momentum Performance Shop and test track, they sell Super-Blue, there were about 25 cans last time I went there. Also sell any mod you could want and Sparco racing gear :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nate328Ci said:


Advantage is probably closest to me, but I've never been there. Momentum has been spotty, BMW of Houston North has been excellent. I had to go there after Momentum and Advantage were flooded with flood damage cars. My car is at Momentum now, actually. I doubt that anyone will give you a loaner car if you didn't buy there, you will have to call. You might get a rental car though.

Drop by the Momentum Performance Shop and test track, they sell Super-Blue, there were about 25 cans last time I went there. Also sell any mod you could want and Sparco racing gear :dunno:
thanks nate. hmm, maybe my brake flush will wait til after i go to houston this weekend. my apt is like 3 blocks from advantage so no big deal to not get a loaner (well at least now, who knows if/when i need it what'll happen).
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:


thanks nate. hmm, maybe my brake flush will wait til after i go to houston this weekend. my apt is like 3 blocks from advantage so no big deal to not get a loaner (well at least now, who knows if/when i need it what'll happen).
If you are only 3 blocks away, the convineince of Advantage is nice. Advantage is owned by Momentum anyway :dunno:
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:
the momentum shop? is that separate or at the dealer? where abouts in houston are you located nate? i'm living downtown...
It is at the Dealer, wedged between and in back of the BMW and Jaguar/Porsche dealer

http://www.momentum-bmw.com/PerCntr.htm

They have a neat display of all the Dinan products, lots of rims (good ones), Superspring, 14" Brembo brakes, racing seats, etc.

Last time they had thier Race Car out :bigpimp:

When are you moving? I'm near West U.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
nate328Ci said:


They have a neat display of all the Dinan products, lots of rims (good ones), Superspring, 14" Brembo brakes, racing seats, etc.

When are you moving? I'm near West U.
hmm, maybe i shouldnt go there, too tempted to buy stuff (brake upgrade, CAI, etc) i cant possibly afford. heck i need to save up for a helmet and a v1 (cannot deal with the 55:thumbdwn:)

i'm actually moving on june 29, but i'll be there full time july 4 weekend. (i might hide out from friends and fam on the holiday weekend and just go to houston, be there the night of the 3. or if not, then i'd be there the sunday after).... not to be presumptous, but i'd like to meet you. and i def want to go at least see a track event (before i particiapte, need that helmet)...

btw, just looked at momentum's link you posted. gourmet restaurant? been there? that seems funny to me.
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:


hmm, maybe i shouldnt go there, too tempted to buy stuff (brake upgrade, CAI, etc) i cant possibly afford. heck i need to save up for a helmet and a v1 (cannot deal with the 55:thumbdwn:)

i'm actually moving on june 29, but i'll be there full time july 4 weekend. (i might hide out from friends and fam on the holiday weekend and just go to houston, be there the night of the 3. or if not, then i'd be there the sunday after).... not to be presumptous, but i'd like to meet you. and i def want to go at least see a track event (before i particiapte, need that helmet)...
http://www.houston-bmwcca.com/calendar.html
http://www.lsrpca.com/2002_calendar.htm

I'll probably try to go to the one on July 6th, it is at Night :yikes: The next track event in the Houston area isn't until August 3/4, by the TWS Motorsports club. I'm not a member and have never been to their events. I'm tempted to go to the BMWCCA Club Race and School in Dallas http://www.lscbmwcca.org/motorsports/index.htm It is in the window that I'll be in town during July :D

I think Momentum sells helmets too, you might want to look into it. And, yea, Cafe Express is pretty good.
 

·
Gone Motoring!
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:
and i def want to go at least see a track event (before i particiapte, need that helmet)...

btw, just looked at momentum's link you posted. gourmet restaurant? been there? that seems funny to me.
i'll probably be at the PCA DE this Sep, u can come watch and probably get a few rides from instructors (won't learn much, but it'll be fun, like rollercoasters)...

Momentum has a track, pretty badass dealership in terms of the facilities they've got on-site. My friend bought his car there and went there for service once, he got loaners and was pleased with their service. I however heard a few negative comments about Momentum here and at the ORG. I think BMW North is the best place to go in Houston. They also host tech sessions for BMWCCA. I like it when people spend the time and money to host BMWCCA events.

My friend bought his S4 from Don McGill, now it's Advantage, he goes there for service and I think they're good, otherwise he wouldn't drive all the way there for service... dunno... I walked into Advantage Porsche and nobody came to talk to me for like 15 minutes... well, I don't have money for one either so I guess that's fine... :)

oh there's gonna be a Tejas BMWCCA annual BBQ in July, but i guess you won't be in Austin then... :bawling:

--Andrew
 

·
Gone Motoring!
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:
i'm actually moving on june 29, but i'll be there full time july 4 weekend. (i might hide out from friends and fam on the holiday weekend and just go to houston, be there the night of the 3. or if not, then i'd be there the sunday after)....
haha... so my house will be your hideout huh? :D

--Andrew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ayn said:


haha... so my house will be your hideout huh? :D

--Andrew
no no, your house isnt, but i guess could be. mon, tues nights i'll be there, but i'm not sure if i'm going to killeen for the fourth or jsut head to houston. haha... hideout, your house is that too i suppose since i'm just telling people that i'm staying with a friend but not saying who.... (=
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nate, the momentum perf cent, does it run the same hours as the parts dept of the dealer? i'll probably be getting into houston like 3-4 and i have to finalize the lease etc of the apt... the parts dept is open til 730/website. traffic driving. argh
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:
nate, the momentum perf cent, does it run the same hours as the parts dept of the dealer? i'll probably be getting into houston like 3-4 and i have to finalize the lease etc of the apt... the parts dept is open til 730/website. traffic driving. argh
I want to say yes, but I'm not sure. They are at least open till 6pm. Hopefully, my car will be ready tomorrow, I'll ask for you if you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nate328Ci said:


I want to say yes, but I'm not sure. They are at least open till 6pm. Hopefully, my car will be ready tomorrow, I'll ask for you if you want.
thanks please do ask. and if it's not too much trouble could you see if they have any superblue and supergold? thanks alot nate
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:


thanks please do ask. and if it's not too much trouble could you see if they have any superblue and supergold? thanks alot nate
I KNOW they have superblue, they had a shelf full last time. Didn't see the Type 200, I hope they carry both. I'll probably stop by to pick up a can. I think it was quite a bit more than Tuner sells it for, but no shipping charges so it should be the same total....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nate328Ci said:


I KNOW they have superblue, they had a shelf full last time. Didn't see the Type 200, I hope they carry both. I'll probably stop by to pick up a can. I think it was quite a bit more than Tuner sells it for, but no shipping charges so it should be the same total....
i only need the blue, but was going to pick up the gold for ayn... well let me know thanks:thumb:
 

·
Gone Motoring!
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:


no no, your house isnt, but i guess could be. mon, tues nights i'll be there, but i'm not sure if i'm going to killeen for the fourth or jsut head to houston. haha... hideout, your house is that too i suppose since i'm just telling people that i'm staying with a friend but not saying who.... (=
I have F1 practice, qualifying, and race recorded at my PVR if you wanna watch when u'r here... =)

--Andrew
 

·
Gone Motoring!
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:


i only need the blue, but was going to pick up the gold for ayn... well let me know thanks:thumb:
oh I don't want Gold!! I should've been more clear in my mail... ATE SuperBlue comes in 2 colors, blue or amber. I alternate between the 2 colors when I change my fluid so I can easily see new fluid coming out.

--Andrew
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top