Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 15k service, they said I had "11 mm on the front pads, and 12 mm on the rears"...

My question is, how thick were the pads to begin with when my car was new?

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
You drive like a grandma.

I don't know the exact thickness, but they're about half an inch thick when they're new...which translates to about 15 mm.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
The HACK said:

I don't know the exact thickness, but they're about half an inch thick when they're new...which translates to about 15 mm.
That's pretty bad, grandma :lmao:

I've gone through a few sets faster than that :)

T

·
0 Posts
The HACK said:

Yup. That's about how think they look new.

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!
Actually, the car had 16,500 miles before the oil service odometer ran down :thumbup:

Its a commuter, 80% freeway, 20% city driving.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
At this rate you won't be getting a free set of pads by the time full maintenance is over. :thumbdwn:

I suggest random brake checks on the freeway to speed up the wear and scare the tailgater behind you.

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The HACK said:
At this rate you won't be getting a free set of pads by the time full maintenance is over. :thumbdwn:

I suggest random brake checks on the freeway to speed up the wear and scare the tailgater behind you.
Ahh, but there are plenty of Chrysler Sebrings that are testing my braking and avoidance almost on a daily basis now ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts