BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
hookersandblow
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw my old car today, it broke my heart to see it missing a wheel and sitting in a ditch. The kid crashed it after just two and a half weeks :bawling:

His story is sad AND scary. It was a T intersection, he was turning right to go down the hill instead of straight, he crested, spun tires, and didn't know how to correct it.. the car did almost a full spin and hit the guardrail at roughly 30 MPH. He's okay, and was the only one in the car. If it hadn't been for the guardrail, he would have dropped over the cliff and fell roughly 40 feet into a ravine/creek.

I stopped to help him out, here's the picture I took.

Attachments

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Whoa! :yikes: Sounds like someone was going a little too fast......what a crazy story. Glad he's alright, hopefully he learns from this. :thumbup:

In other news, anyone want an OEM foglight or an assembled front right suspension (wheel included!!!!)? :rofl:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
WOW, he must have been flying. That is a shame but at least no one got hurt. I think it is a little funny that the speed limit sign is in the picture.

·
Fireballs inc.
9,256 Posts
If he junks it I know of someone who needs a 6cyl swap

·
hookersandblow
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
hookersandblow
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whoa! :yikes: Sounds like someone was going a little too fast......what a crazy story. Glad he's alright, hopefully he learns from this. :thumbup:

In other news, anyone want an OEM foglight or an assembled front right suspension (wheel included!!!!)? :rofl:
Yeah, as you can see, the roads were wet too:mad:

·
Long LIVE ZFHP22!
306 Posts
I'm having a hard time figuring out how he did this, I am assuming he was traveling the opposite direction from which the car faces in the picture. The e36 is a great little car, you just have to be careful with it as it can break loose rather quickly.

The biggest lesson young drivers need to learn besides watching their speed is how to apply, easy, methodic movements to the car. Any kind of sudden movement or overreaction to a situation can put you in a spin VERY quick. I learned that about 9 years ago in an e28. I was going down a hill around a pretty tight turn when I hit a wet/oil spot. I overeacted and lost control of the car, went through two lanes of opposing traffic, hit a ditch, and flipped the car on the driver side. I had to climb out of the sunroof to get out but I was not hurt. Lesson was learned for me, but a very beautiful and well cared for e28 was off to the salvage yard :(

But I have driven my 98 328i 5 spd sport package car in snow, ice and heavy rain. I have the primitive ASC traction control. Ive managed to keep it on the road just fine. Again the key is understanding the cars tendency to break loose and driving accordingly in adverse weather conditions.

·
Tyler's Paw Paw
942 Posts
In other news, anyone want an OEM foglight or an assembled front right suspension (wheel included!!!!)?
You forgot about the brake duct as well.

·
hookersandblow
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm having a hard time figuring out how he did this, I am assuming he was traveling the opposite direction from which the car faces in the picture. The e36 is a great little car, you just have to be careful with it as it can break loose rather quickly.
Exactly, he was going towards the speed limit sign, back end swung out to the left, then gripped and whipped him around the other side and into the guardrail.

The biggest lesson young drivers need to learn besides watching their speed is how to apply, easy, methodic movements to the car. Any kind of sudden movement or overreaction to a situation can put you in a spin VERY quick. I learned that about 9 years ago in an e28. I was going down a hill around a pretty tight turn when I hit a wet/oil spot. I overeacted and lost control of the car, went through two lanes of opposing traffic, hit a ditch, and flipped the car on the driver side. I had to climb out of the sunroof to get out but I was not hurt. Lesson was learned for me, but a very beautiful and well cared for e28 was off to the salvage yard :(
:wailing:

But I have driven my 98 328i 5 spd sport package car in snow, ice and heavy rain. I have the primitive ASC traction control. Ive managed to keep it on the road just fine. Again the key is understanding the cars tendency to break loose and driving accordingly in adverse weather conditions.
Exactly, it just comes from experience and knowledge of the vehicle

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm looking for an OEM foglight for my 97 328is. None of them light on anymore..

·
Fireballs inc.
9,256 Posts
dont you just need bulbs?

·
Registered Non-OP
14,496 Posts
Another E36 off the road :(. What a damn shame...

·
Sucker for the 3 Series
302 Posts
damn that sucks.

bad luck man.

·
Registered Non-OP
14,496 Posts
Philip, we shall thumb-wrestle for that fog light because mine is also cracked :p.

:rofl:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts