Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn. I managed to drive for 26 consecutive days without a fill up. 1,049 kilometers later, the tank was down to only 10km left (according to the OBC). I shouldn't let my wife drive so much in town - she is killing my fuel economy!

Don't hate me because I am frugal. :D

Patrick

·
10,856 Posts
DIE!

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Nick Nick Nick..................such anger:tsk:

Next time I fill up I'll take a pic for you. Last time when I did so the OBC said 420 miles remaining:D

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
oh my gosh!

You pple drive like average 15mph?? :confused: 420miles is a very good record for a steptronic! :D

PM 325xiT said:

Nick Nick Nick..................such anger:tsk:

Next time I fill up I'll take a pic for you. Last time when I did so the OBC said 420 miles remaining:D

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
oh my gosh!

You pple drive like average 15mph?? :confused: 420miles is a very good record for a steptronic! :D

Vince,

The keyword here is: Diesel... ;)

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Ok, Ok!

Jeez, it's a paltry 650 miles per tank ... I was getting as much as 725 miles earlier this spring!

And Vince, most of that mileage was at an avg. speed of 85km/h.

With everyone talking macho hp numbers and track day stuff, I just thought that I would interject another side to BMW's ability to engineer great cars!

Patrick

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
oh my gosh!

You pple drive like average 15mph??
That's not really that low if you drive in the city with lots of traffic. Historically, I have averaged low 20s in Houston and 17-18 in New Orleans. Lots more highway driving in Houston

I checked my OBC this morning, averaging less than 18 mpg :yikes:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
ALEX325i said:

Vince,

The keyword here is: Diesel... ;)
Not for me Alex:confused: ............gas all the way:)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
oh my gosh!

Actually the opposite Vince. The tank before that I averaged 42 mph (had a some what long highway run) got 25 mpg:thumbup:

I also believe that breaking through the 7.5 to 8K barrier has shown a fairly good increase in mileage as well as performance:bigpimp: I should hit 9K by end of the week:yikes:

·
10,856 Posts
My average speed is about 15-18MPH. :( I REALLY want a 330dT.:bawling:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

Not for me Alex:confused: ............gas all the way:)
Oh, I know. I was referring to Patrick's 320dT...

BTW, how many miles are you averaging? On the road (AC on at all times), I'm able to get 380-390 out of a tank of gas... Well, I could probably do better, but you know me... :angel: My right foot tends to get heavier on empty roads... I have to make a conscious effort to stay under 90Mph... Blame that silky smooth I6... :D

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
My average speed is about 15-18MPH. :( I REALLY want a 330dT.:bawling:
I have noticed that after two refueling stops (I never pump my own diesel - it is dirty and distgusting unless you have gloves) that when checking my OBC, the average speed is always 58km/h. Actually, I was thinking that something was wrong with it because every time I checked it, it was 58km/h. I reset it, and checked again after a month: same damn speed! :confused:

Nick, I also want a 330dT ... I just can't swallow the price over here: $53,000 before you begin to add anything. Regardless, it is just an unbelievable BMW on the road. And you would never know it's a diesel.

Oh well.

Patrick

·
10,856 Posts
I'd probably go with the M3/T... But I'd be torn, believe it or not. The torque of the Diesel is actually MORE useful for the VAST majority of my driving.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
I'd probably go with the M3/T... But I'd be torn, believe it or not. The torque of the Diesel is actually MORE useful for the VAST majority of my driving.
Also, I'll bet that Pilot Sports don't take too well to barreling down dird roads at 60mph like the Dukes of Hazzard :p

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Same here. And that lovely whine of the turbo can't be beat! I should make a .wav file of that some day.

Patrick

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Patrick 320d said:
Totally uncalled for, Nate. :D

Patrick

Agreed:mad:

Lack 3 liter or M touring in US:banghead:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
ALEX325i said:

Oh, I know. I was referring to Patrick's 320dT...

BTW, how many miles are you averaging? On the road (AC on at all times), I'm able to get 380-390 out of a tank of gas... Well, I could probably do better, but you know me... :angel: My right foot tends to get heavier on empty roads... I have to make a conscious effort to stay under 90Mph... Blame that silky smooth I6... :D
Current tank ~ 23 mpg w/ full time AC. Long run yesterday so could be a little higher than normal.:)

On the run yesterday ran around 70 on a nice back road twisty area:bigpimp: It is VERY difficult to keep the foot out of it when there is nothing but open road ahead:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts