Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
aka Chi-chi
199 Posts
As long as we're talking politics...

A must-read book, #1 on the NY Times Non-Fiction best-seller list for the umpteenth week:

SLANDER by Ann Coulter

"Cultlike in their behavior, vicious in their attacks on Republicans, and in almost complete control of mainstream national media, the left has been merciless in portraying all conservatives as dumb, racist, power hungry, homophobic, and downright scary. This despite the many Republican accomplishments of the last few decades, as well as the Bush administration’s expert handling of the country’s affairs in the wake of the worst attacks on American soil and of the war that followed. "

"The good part of being a Democrat is that you can commit crimes, sell out your base, bomb foreigners, and rape women, and the Democratic faithful will still think you're the greatest."

"Prominent liberals -- desperate to gain even more political power in America -- pull no punches in their effort to defame and discredit conservatives. And their pals in the media are forever letting them get away with it. But finally someone is calling their bluff.

In "Slander", Ann Coulter exposes those carrying out this campaign and refutes their vicious slanders and outright lies."

·
Banned
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: As long as we're talking politics...

Cruzer said:
A must-read book, #1 on the NY Times Non-Fiction best-seller list for the umpteenth week:

SLANDER by Ann Coulter

"Cultlike in their behavior, vicious in their attacks on Republicans, and in almost complete control of mainstream national media, the left has been merciless in portraying all conservatives as dumb, racist, power hungry, homophobic, and downright scary. This despite the many Republican accomplishments of the last few decades, as well as the Bush administration’s expert handling of the country’s affairs in the wake of the worst attacks on American soil and of the war that followed. "

"The good part of being a Democrat is that you can commit crimes, sell out your base, bomb foreigners, and rape women, and the Democratic faithful will still think you're the greatest."

"Prominent liberals -- desperate to gain even more political power in America -- pull no punches in their effort to defame and discredit conservatives. And their pals in the media are forever letting them get away with it. But finally someone is calling their bluff.

In "Slander", Ann Coulter exposes those carrying out this campaign and refutes their vicious slanders and outright lies."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: good one !

·
10,856 Posts
And the Republicans haven't tried the reverse?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
And the Republicans haven't tried the reverse?
Actually, there is generally no need to. The Democratic leadership is pretty good about providing enough ammunition without any "slander" being required. Ted Kennedy DID kill a woman with his drunk driving. Jesse Jackson DID father a child with a mistress and then used tax-exempt funds as hush money. Joe Biden DID plagiarize others work.

Usually when Republicans do these things they are driven out from within the party. Oliver North DID get defeated for senate by Republicans voting against him. Dick Nixon DID get ousted because a Republican asked "What did you know and when did you know it?"

What's the differnce between Teddy K's treatment of women and Bob Packwood's? Why is one still a Senator?

When Democrats do things worthy of being dismissed they just deflect attention by scaring up the old folks and saying the Republicans are stealling school lunches from hungry kids. I's say that's pretty slanderous.

For example:
"Republicans want dirty water" = Slander (and pretty rediculous if one applies even the least bit of logic.
"Teddy K killed a woman" = Simple fact (i.e. not slander)

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
dasWolf said:

Actually, there is generally no need to. The Democratic leadership is pretty good about providing enough ammunition without any "slander" being required. Ted Kennedy DID kill a woman with his drunk driving. Jesse Jackson DID father a child with a mistress and then used tax-exempt funds as hush money. Joe Biden DID plagiarize others work.

Usually when Republicans do these things they are driven out from within the party. Oliver North DID get defeated for senate by Republicans voting against him. Dick Nixon DID get ousted because a Republican asked "What did you know and when did you know it?"

What's the differnce between Teddy K's treatment of women and Bob Packwood's? Why is one still a Senator?

When Democrats do things worthy of being dismissed they just deflect attention by scaring up the old folks and saying the Republicans are stealling school lunches from hungry kids. I's say that's pretty slanderous.

For example:
"Republicans want dirty water" = Slander (and pretty rediculous if one applies even the least bit of logic.
"Teddy K killed a woman" = Simple fact (i.e. not slander)
to add, McKinney is a racist but they keep him in, Berg was a clansman, they keep him in.

I have read most of Coulter's book and agree with most all I have read. Republicans need some watch dogs, Democrats have hundreds of watch dogs willing to sling the biggest piles of crap around they can find. Thing is, I have yet to see Coulter sling crap, she speaks the truth, only very loudly. Not to mention she is a hottie

·
aka Chi-chi
199 Posts
There you go...

...several good points. My point is that the "Dubya is dumb" movement is simply another proof point for Ann Coulter's book. We have one-toothed, homeless, maggot infested, high-school dropouts, telling us that Dubya is dumb. Come-on! You gotta show me some of your intelligence before I start believing your crap. Obviously, it is a baseless [slanderous] attack typical of the left, aimed at making cheap points with the toothless masses. Well, so be it, but don't pee on my leg and tell me its raining.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Re: There you go...

Cruzer said:
...several good points. My point is that the "Dubya is dumb" movement is simply another proof point for Ann Coulter's book. We have one-toothed, homeless, maggot infested, high-school dropouts, telling us that Dubya is dumb. Come-on! You gotta show me some of your intelligence before I start believing your crap. Obviously, it is a baseless [slanderous] attack typical of the left, aimed at making cheap points with the toothless masses. Well, so be it, but don't pee on my leg and tell me its raining.
Downright ridiculous smearing is the democrats #2 campaign strategy, only behind scaring old people. We wont see it depart from thier arsenal anytime soon. I often wish our guys would fight them a bit harder, but I guess we are being the better people, however, when the dem's scare the old peopl, we loose alot of votes when we let them get away with it.

·
aka Chi-chi
199 Posts
Re: Re: There you go...

dredmo said:
Downright ridiculous smearing is the democrats #2 campaign strategy, only behind scaring old people...
Good points all. I am running for office next election. Here is my platform:

1) Civics test for all voters...including the Pledge of Allegiance...with "GOD" left in

2) Senility test for all [voting] seniors...that will avoid all the hanging chads and triple votes (and all the gullible, senile seniors who believe that conservatives are out to kill them)

3) Will invade Saudi Arabia and take back OUR oil, that the west discovered, and is being used to fund the war against us

4) Will setup a wonderful, independent, and free Palestinian state...in the deserts of Southern Jordan. Return Gaza to Egypt, and re-instate the West Bank to the winner of the 1967 war.

5) Make a formal call for a Constitutional Convention. The following states need not attend (we'll decide what to do with you after we ratify the CURRENT Constitution and agree that IT MEANS WHAT IT MEANS...YES!)

- California
- Massachussetts
- Maine
- New York
- Pennsylvania
- Washington
- Oregon
- Vermont

The conservatives in these states should rest assured...help is on the way.

6) We'll deal with China next election...

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Re: Re: Re: There you go...

Cruzer said:

Good points all. I am running for office next election. Here is my platform:

1) Civics test for all voters...including the Pledge of Allegiance...with "GOD" left in

2) Senility test for all [voting] seniors...that will avoid all the hanging chads and triple votes (and all the gullible, senile seniors who believe that conservatives are out to kill them)

3) Will invade Saudi Arabia and take back OUR oil, that the west discovered, and is being used to fund the war against us

4) Will setup a wonderful, independent, and free Palestinian state...in the deserts of Southern Jordan. Return Gaza to Egypt, and re-instate the West Bank to the winner of the 1967 war.

5) Make a formal call for a Constitutional Convention. The following states need not attend (we'll decide what to do with you after we ratify the CURRENT Constitution and agree that IT MEANS WHAT IT MEANS...YES!)

- California
- Massachussetts
- Maine
- New York
- Pennsylvania
- Washington
- Oregon
- Vermont

The conservatives in these states should rest assured...help is on the way.

6) We'll deal with China next election...
:lmao: :lmao:

Well, my personal strategy may vary, but :thumbup:

Right now, I am just praying the low IQ population of California, has decided not to re-elect G. Davis. We have a very good republican, and a conservative one up for election, and I hope every republican gets to the boxes come time. Davis, is only steps away from Condit, and Clinton on the scale of morality, and his politics, are extremely corrupted. He, is inefficient at EVERY thing he has attempted to do, his worst case ebing the retrofit of the worlds most F***ed up department. the CPUC. He single handedly caused the Cali energy crisis. Bah, the list is enormous. If democrats raise thier IQ for just one day, and republicans get to the boxes, we will be spared such a disaster as Davis again.

·
aka Chi-chi
199 Posts
Does Bill Simon still have a chance?

dredmo said:
:lmao: :lmao:

Well, my personal strategy may vary, but :thumbup:

:lmao:

I welcome any strategy that will get us to the promised land... ;)

Do you really think Simon still has a chance? I sure hope so, but the press always makes it sound so bleak. I think that three things must happen for Simon to win:

1) Liberal voters must sit on their hands on election day. Sure, Davis is a corrupt b*stard, but since when did that stop liberals from voting?

2) Conservative voters must show up in droves (90%+ registered conservative voters have to vote). Davis sure has energized the conservative base, but Simon hasn't Reaganized them...so I'm not sure they will show up.

3) So called moderates need to stay home or vote Simon. Based on all the noise about Simon's conservative values, I think we'll be lucky if they stay home.

Whatd'you think?

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Re: Does Bill Simon still have a chance?

Cruzer said:

:lmao:

I welcome any strategy that will get us to the promised land... ;)

Do you really think Simon still has a chance? I sure hope so, but the press always makes it sound so bleak. I think that three things must happen for Simon to win:

1) Liberal voters must sit on their hands on election day. Sure, Davis is a corrupt b*stard, but since when did that stop liberals from voting?

2) Conservative voters must show up in droves (90%+ registered conservative voters have to vote). Davis sure has energized the conservative base, but Simon hasn't Reaganized them...so I'm not sure they will show up.

3) So called moderates need to stay home or vote Simon. Based on all the noise about Simon's conservative values, I think we'll be lucky if they stay home.

Whatd'you think?
I would agree with you, Simon probably will not win, but I will vote for him, and hope he does.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts