BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought halo replacement bulbs on ebay....hmmmm.....and I received them with only two bulbs. Do I need four for a 2002 745i? Also the fool sent no instructions. Do you know where I could find out where to install them Thanks

·
Registered
816 Posts
You only need the 2 bulbs. There is a how to in the DIY section along with a lot of other posts on the subject. From my own experience you don't need to loosen the bumper as some have reported but you need to loosen the head lamps and slide them forward. On the passenger side you need to remove the air box and move the radiator overflow out of the way. I was able to do them in about 30 minutes.

Jer

·
The White Knight
648 Posts
I just bought halo replacement bulbs on ebay....hmmmm.....and I received them with only two bulbs. Do I need four for a 2002 745i? Also the fool sent no instructions. Do you know where I could find out where to install them Thanks
I bought mine too and they came with no instructions. I emailed the seller and he FedEx me a CD how video for the 5 series. Very simple to install there is really no need for instructions if you are technically inclined.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
are they any good then ? looking at a set of alledgedly 50% brighter bulbs on ebay at the mo !? opinions would be helpfull !!!

·
The White Knight
648 Posts
are they any good then ? looking at a set of alledgedly 50% brighter bulbs on ebay at the mo !? opinions would be helpfull !!!
Are they the $49.99 one on Ebay? Those are what I have in my car and had in my other car

much brighter but not as bright as the new yellow halo DRLs on the new 2008 bmws

·
Registered
246 Posts
yea ill be changing my bulbs soon, not sure what color to go with. the stock yellow i like but id rather they be blue or dark blue. like the day time running lights are yellow which i want blue, what would i have to change exactly?

edit: ^^ thats exactly what i want, but i dunno what color lol, i have a black on black car so i figure a bright blue would look great.

·
Infamous039
296 Posts
I changed my angel eyes to the 6000K super white bulbs, and I purchased them from an ebaystore called M-tech. I payed $49.99 for them plus shipping and they were a great and much brighter light than my stock yellow ones.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I change mine to Blue - they look great - changing them was fairly easy, took me about 10 minutes for both sides and didn't have to remove anything except sliding the headlights forward -

·
Registered
117 Posts
I changed my angel eyes to the 6000K super white bulbs, and I purchased them from an ebaystore called M-tech. I payed $49.99 for them plus shipping and they were a great and much brighter light than my stock yellow ones.
Just acted on your post. I had several options and couldn't decide but figured if it worked for you, it would work for me. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey i have the same color 745 , and i am about to order the same color angel eyes , can yuo post some pictures from far away and close , and different angles , so i can get a good idea of how mine will look with those angel eyes ?

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
you just need two led bulbs, they will light up all four rings

1 - 17 of 17 Posts