BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw Rick's 2002 M3 at Bimmerfest and want a Hamann Black Grill Trim Kit, but I've got a 2002 sedan with the facelift. Does anyone know the inside scoop with Hamman and this kit? I've sent a couple of emails around but I haven't received a response yet.

--gary

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got my answer

Dear Mr. Ray,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately are the kidney covers not for E46 facelift available.

Best regards,
Hamann Motorsport GmbH
Thomas A. Schopp

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Ordinarily, folks that do visual mods do them to appeal to themselves, not others..so what one person likes, and pays for, appeals to them, I am not one to judge the visual effect except how I perceive it on my car...that being said, I personally wouldn't do this to my grill, but if I did, I certainly would make sure that the black color matched the high gloss black of the paint, in the picture above, the flat black appearance does the exterior visualization no justice in my opinion.

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
I might add, the Colgan Sports bra I have on gives the appearance that the outter part of the grill is blackened, however I hate the Colgan bra too, though I find it mentally soothing that my finish is not suffering on the hood line as it did prior to the bra! ;)

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Last Saturday I saw a brand new AW M3 at one of my local dealerships that had the black grill trim... I don't think it was installed by the dealer... Do you guys know if that's the standard grill trim for some M3 colors (i.e. another "undocumented option" BMWUSA's web site doesn't show/offer)? Just curious...

20,210 Posts
ALEX325i said:
Last Saturday I saw a brand new AW M3 at one of my dealerships that had the black grill trim... I don't think it was installed by the dealer... Do you guys know if that's the standard grill trim for some M3 colors (i.e. another "undocumented option" BMWUSA's web site doesn't show/offer)? Just curious...
nope (not standard)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Alot of people buy the covers and have them painted to match their original paint.. This way if they ever want to go back to chrome they can no problem. IMO the blacked out grille looks bad @ss:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts