Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I was on one of the twisties we have around here and this dude in a ford probe with a wild front end and HUGE rear spoiler screamed up behind me. At that time I was just taking it easy and enjoying the scenery and sunshine...then I punched it and so did he. Let me tell you, in no time he was quite a distance back. That Probe could not keep up with my baby in the curves. Then I got behind a camper going about 15. The dude caught up with me then and waved.. it was cool how the car handles.. I was doing this :D :D :bigpimp:

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Pat yourself on the back it was all (mostly) the driver.

If you look at PAX index of SCCA events, most cars are not really much faster than any other car (maybe 10%)

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CD-55 said:

If you look at PAX index of SCCA events, most cars are not really much faster than any other car (maybe 10%)
I actually think it was the sterring, handling of the car :dunno:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
CD-55 said:

If you have say, a 60 second course, a 6 second difference between equal cars on the same tires is pretty large :dunno:

Besides, auto-x is very different from a road course scenario or a twisty mountain road...

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nate328Ci said:

If you have say, a 60 second course, a 6 second difference between equal cars on the same tires is pretty large :dunno:

Besides, auto-x is very different from a road course scenario or a twisty mountain road...
wouldn't you say my car handled better than the probe... I would think so?

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
CCs328Ci said:

wouldn't you say my car handled better than the probe... I would think so?
If both your car and the probe were being driven to the edges of their capabilities, then yeah, sure. Otherwise it just sounds like you stuck your foot in it deeper than mr. probe. Congradulations.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
clyde325xiT said:

If both your car and the probe were being driven to the edges of their capabilities, then yeah, sure. Otherwise it just sounds like you stuck your foot in it deeper than mr. probe. Congradulations.
:enviouswagonowners:

You just wish you were as cool as CC and I with our 328Ci's :flipoff:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts