BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Hard brake pedal after engine was refitted E60 - N47

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  habbyguy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys.

My car E60 520D N47 2008 177bhp. Car has been sitting in front of my house for arround 1 year, not moved. Car was working perfect before to leave it there.

I've been removed the engine, done the chains, dpf, cat and egr delete +remap.
Fitted the engine back but now i don't have brakes. Pedal is really hard to push and it feel like there is no brake power assistant present.

What i've tested/tried:
1. Removed the pipe with check valve to test it (air goes just on one side) so check valve is good, i have also a spare one to use in perfect conditions.

2. I have tried with a seringe and small hose from brake booster, to see if there was any oil or water or anything else inside it, so nothing come out.

3. All my vacuum lines was replaced while refitting the engine back.

4. While i have removed the pipe with check valve, on the other side of the engine it connects on another pipe that goes directly to the engine, so as i put my finger on top of that pipe, it feels not really hard how it sucks the vacuum, it might be just me feeling like that but not to sure how much or how hard it need to pull vacuum. But it pulls vacuum.

5. I've done a DIY system with my vacuum cleaner, so i have connected the vacuum cleaner hose to the pipe with check valve and gues what, after starting the car up and turning the vacuum cleaner on, the brake pedal drops little bit, exactly how it should do. So brake booster with pipe and check valve are fine.

I have done the remap so car pulls good, no other problems, no errors, no codes, just little vibrations on idle, while rev little bit the vibrations dissapear.

I would get other component working bad or engine working bad also if there would be any vacuum leak no?

Can anyone help me to sort out this annoying situation? Not really sure what else i can try.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi guys. My car E60 520D N47 2008 177bhp. Car has been sitting in front of my house for arround 1 year, not moved. Car was working perfect before to leave it there. I've been removed the engine, done the chains, dpf, cat and egr delete +remap. Fitted the engine back but now i don't have brakes. Pedal is really hard to push and it feel like there is no brake power assistant present. What i've tested/tried: 1. Removed the pipe with check valve to test it (air goes just on one side) so check valve is good, i have also a spare one to use in perfect conditions. 2. I have tried with a seringe and small hose from brake booster, to see if there was any oil or water or anything else inside it, so nothing come out. 3. All my vacuum lines was replaced while refitting the engine back. 4. While i have removed the pipe with check valve, on the other side of the engine it connects on another pipe that goes directly to the engine, so as i put my finger on top of that pipe, it feels not really hard how it sucks the vacuum, it might be just me feeling like that but not to sure how much or how hard it need to pull vacuum. But it pulls vacuum. 5. I've done a DIY system with my vacuum cleaner, so i have connected the vacuum cleaner hose to the pipe with check valve and gues what, after starting the car up and turning the vacuum cleaner on, the brake pedal drops little bit, exactly how it should do. So brake booster with pipe and check valve are fine. I have done the remap so car pulls good, no other problems, no errors, no codes, just little vibrations on idle, while rev little bit the vibrations dissapear. I would get other component working bad or engine working bad also if there would be any vacuum leak no? Can anyone help me to sort out this annoying situation? Not really sure what else i can try.
did you source the problem for this mate? i’m in the exact same position with mine?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.