BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vehicle is a 2002 BMW 325i with 110K miles on it. About a year ago I started to experience a hard engage when shifting into drive or reverse usually after the car had been warmed up and driven for a while. It was only happening about once a month until recently, it's been happening a little more often. When it does happen, when shifting out of 1st gear there's a loud clanking at the rear underneath of the car with a slight bucking. When this happens, I usually shut down the car and after about 10-15 minutes, I start it up and everything is back to normal, there a smooth engage when shifting into drive or reverse and everything shifts smoothly.

A few months ago I had the transmission serviced with a fluid exchange and they said everything looked fine. They told me without a warning light coming on that they couldn't tell me if anything was wrong with the transmission.

Has anyone experienced this before, and if so, what was wrong with the car?

·
Keeping it surreal
43,276 Posts
We have a dedicated Sticky Thread for Auto Trans issues, look at the main Forum page, about six or seven threads down from the top....you should find some useful info there. :thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts