Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hard Rough Start When Warm

Hello guys, I have a 2004 525i with an automatic Transmission. Car has low miles for its age only 59K miles and runs well. When it is cold, it starts right up with no issues. Driving on the road it runs great with no issues. However I did noticed that the RPM needle has a very small almost unnoticeable jumping when it's idling.
However when it has been sitting for about 30mins it has to crank for about 5 seconds or so and then stumbles to life. I can also smell fuel for the first minute or so. If I were to shut off the engine and start it back up before 30minutes after shut off, it will start right up fine.
No engine codes on the cluster, and otherwise this car runs great. I have gone to a BMW Indy shop and all they have been doing is throwing parts at me that don't fix my issue.

Here is a list of the following parts that have been replaced...

Spark Plugs
Fuel Filter
Fuel Pump
Starter
Both Temp Sensors

If you have had this issue please help me as my last thought is taking it to the dealer which will probably cost a lot of money on top of all the parts that I already invested into.

Thank-you for your help!

·
From DownUnder
1,174 Posts
Hard Rough Start When Warm

Hello guys, I have a 2004 525i with an automatic Transmission. Car has low miles for its age only 59K miles and runs well. When it is cold, it starts right up with no issues. Driving on the road it runs great with no issues. However I did noticed that the RPM needle has a very small almost unnoticeable jumping when it's idling.
However when it has been sitting for about 30mins it has to crank for about 5 seconds or so and then stumbles to life. I can also smell fuel for the first minute or so. If I were to shut off the engine and start it back up before 30minutes after shut off, it will start right up fine.
No engine codes on the cluster, and otherwise this car runs great. I have gone to a BMW Indy shop and all they have been doing is throwing parts at me that don't fix my issue.

Here is a list of the following parts that have been replaced...

Spark Plugs
Fuel Filter
Fuel Pump
Starter
Both Temp Sensors

If you have had this issue please help me as my last thought is taking it to the dealer which will probably cost a lot of money on top of all the parts that I already invested into.

Thank-you for your help!
You might want to read, as it sounds like my problem and has some suggestions towards the end as a possible solution.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694826&highlight=

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kskane, thank you for your comment. that link you posted talks about engine vibration. I dont seem to be having any vibration issues with my vehicle.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I have a 545i that sometimes does this.After much research the most common ideas I have found seem to be leaking injector or valvetronic problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts