BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jusy purchased a coupe that has a V1 with hard wiring that runs across the top of the windshield and down behind the A pillar. The problem is the wire is too short with the Gary Hansen mirror mod, so I would prefer to use the auxiliary power cord. Where is this wire most likely connected, and how do I get it out from behind the A pillar? TIA

·
A Clean Windshield
2,245 Posts
Pop The Overhead Light Assy And It Should Be There.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pop The Overhead Light Assy And It Should Be There.
That's where I've read that one should connect, but this wire was wrapped around the mirror, stuffed under the headliner along the windshield and then disappears into the A pillar, going down toward the dashboard.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update

Discovered that it's not necessary to remove the A pillar trim, as the wire was stuffed between the cloth trim and the rubber. I was able to just carefully pullit out. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
That's where I've read that one should connect, but this wire was wrapped around the mirror, stuffed under the headliner along the windshield and then disappears into the A pillar, going down toward the dashboard.
They did it to connect to a hot in run and start line.
In general, green with a colored stripe.

That way, it's not on when your listening to tunes in a parking lot.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They did it to connect to a hot in run and start line.
In general, green with a colored stripe.

That way, it's not on when your listening to tunes in a parking lot.
Thanks Ron, I will look for that, green with another color stripe. It's amazing how distracting that thing can be in general driving.

·
Registered
19 Posts
bob linquist mentions ACS stuff, is this the same as stability control, I know my 99 M coupe dosn' t have stability control and I even looked hard for one without (and they are bit more expensive aswell) as had bad experiences with stability control on BMs before as can't fully turn it off - even when its off it on.

Also does the US spec Coupe come with a spare tyre or have you just put one in the trunk as mine just has the tool and first aid kit.

Sorry if Im asking daft questions but its just so hard to find anything out about Z3 coupes every link ends up on e36's.

Cheers Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts