BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about getting a hard top for my vert, but I've only seen black ones being sold. How hard would it be to color match to a different color? Would it look as glossy as the rest of the paint? Black on blue wouldn't be too bad though. I'm not sure but I think I've seen more than one different style as well. Do they make any with an actual moon roof? I saw this on pinterest but the ebay link wasn't working for me. https://www.pinterest.com/brbiagi/e30/ Are they sturdy enough to mount snowboards to? I'm already looking into building a hoist for it. Any information would be great.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The top in the link is an aftermarket top and very rare. The oem top is vinyl covered and black. Many have removed the vinyl, bondo'd the top and painted them to match the body. If you do a google search for e30 hardtop, you will see many examples. Also, if you look on R3V you will see the hoist that I built for my top installation and removal. It is simple but effective. Make sure you test it for holding the weight before you try to operate it while putting the top on or removing it. Good luck in finding a top. The prices are at a premium, some listed for more than some e30's. I just paid $1100 for mine about a month ago and that was a very good price. Most I've seen are around $1500 or more. Here are a couple of picks of my hoist.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts