BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister used to have a 95 318 and the stock sound system that car was horrible. now that i'm buying an e36, I'm concerned. So I have a couple of (extremely stupid) questions:

1) What exactly does the Harman Kardon sound system include?

2) Is it possible to get a Harman Kardon sound system in a car that doest actually already have it?

3) Is it worth it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sakic19v said:
My sister used to have a 95 318 and the stock sound system that car was horrible. now that i'm buying an e36, I'm concerned. So I have a couple of (extremely stupid) questions:

1) What exactly does the Harman Kardon sound system include?

2) Is it possible to get a Harman Kardon sound system in a car that doest actually already have it?

3) Is it worth it?

1- it includes Harman Kardon Sound stuff, my 95 318 had nokia speakers and the stock ones..

2- yes it is but i wouldnt do that.

3- no just get some nice speakers from best buy or any sound place :thumbup:

·
328i for life
694 Posts
harmon kardon system has a "wide" setting which makes the sound better and there is a better amplifier to power the speakers making for some sweet bass. Nothing like a good sub will do though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.... So I just bought my new car. 1996 BMW 328is, and I get it on tuesday.. I test drove it today, and the sound wasnt as bad as it was in my sisters car. My problem is that I play hockey, so I need to be able to have a lot of trunk space so I cant afford to put a sub or amp in the trunk, and I want my car to look clean and as close to stock as possible. Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts