BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone doing ED of a vehicle that was ordered with the Special Paint option?

I know the $2k price, and that it's pretty much available for stateside delivery, but how about doing an ED of said order? I also know the chances of doing it are slim and none (and I think it was slim that I just saw saddle up and leave town).

TIA.

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in_d_haus said:
Mike,
When I was looking at custom colors for my M they said I could do ED.
Wow, Haus! That kind of takes my breath away. I tried to play the special paint game about 2 years ago and was pretty much told to 'take a hike son' by BMWNA.

Either they've lightned up a bit, or this service is only available for their special Motorsport customers.

I'll send my Client Advisor an e-mail Monday morning and ask him to put some feelers out there with the NA ED rep. I just need to know who I have to bribe, and what kind of cigars and/or perfume they have a preference for. ;) :D

Thanks for the response, Haus! :thumbup:

·
blubb blubb blubb
1,168 Posts
Mike,

I think in general, the Individual Program can come and go. I seem to remember that you could do it for the 2001 cars, but then not for the 2002's when they were first coming out. Then after a few months of 2002's were around, you could then have an individual order for a 2002. All this is for general orders, not Euro delivery. But it shows (if I recall this correctly) that here in the US availability of the Individual Program is somewhat weather dependent. :D I think it's pretty different for other countries like Canada, etc.

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JonW said:
Mike,

I think in general, the Individual Program can come and go. I seem to remember that you could do it for the 2001 cars, but then not for the 2002's when they were first coming out. Then after a few months of 2002's were around, you could then have an individual order for a 2002. All this is for general orders, not Euro delivery. But it shows (if I recall this correctly) that here in the US availability of the Individual Program is somewhat weather dependent. :D I think it's pretty different for other countries like Canada, etc.
Yeah, it seems like the only consistent thing about special orders is that it is inconsistent.

I wish they'd just open it up to everyone in America and charge a substantial deposit fee for the service to make the customer display his earnestness in completing the transaction.

Maybe some day. I'm sure I'll see pigs fly first though. :D

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JonW said:

And what color might those pigs be?! ;)
Well, I wouldn't want to give the beast a burden by being too particular, but Calypso red would be viewed by me as a good sign! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.