Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Shiftin
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested in adding the Nav-Tv module when I get my 330 and was curious if someone has done this and if the quality of the picture as well as ease of installation made it worth while. I did post this a while ago and recieved a reply about someone who installed in 30 minutes and was pleased with it, but was curious if anyone else here had the setup.

·
Super Moderator
11,052 Posts
ChadS (who posts occasionally on this board) has done the upgrade, and I have seen it on his 325Ci. I can't vouch for the difficulty of installation, but the picture quality and reception seemed very good.

You may want to send ChadS a PM if he doesn't respond to this thread.

-Al

·
Shiftin
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just sent him a Pm, thanks Alee. I appreciate the info.....

·
Super Moderator
11,052 Posts
TD said:
Aka "Darwin's favorite mod"?
There is more than one purpose to the nav-tv mod... it also gives you aux-audio input. You could even use it for XM Radio. Wonder who would do that.... :p

Granted, this is not what most people use it for, but if I ever got it, I'd get it with the DOT legal screen blanking intact, and I'd probably be feeding aux audio in anyway.

T

·
0 Posts
alee said:

There is more than one purpose to the nav-tv mod... it also gives you aux-audio input. You could even use it for XM Radio. Wonder who would do that.... :p

Granted, this is not what most people use it for, but if I ever got it, I'd get it with the DOT legal screen blanking intact, and I'd probably be feeding aux audio in anyway.
Well, the fact that you admit that most people would not disable it when driving sort of supports my point.

I just hope these ADHD BMW owners don't take anyone else out when they inevitably eat it.

·
Super Moderator
11,052 Posts
TD said:
I just hope these ADHD BMW owners don't take anyone else out when they inevitably eat it.
I do too. But then again, I hope those aggressive nutty drivers don't take anyone else out either.

Not to single you out or anything (because I'm sure there are plenty of other folks on here that are just as guilty), but from what I read you're one of the more aggressive drivers on the road. What makes you any less likely to "eat it"? A few extra driving classes may make you better prepared to handle your car, but it certainly doesn't make you immortal and more importantly, it doesn't stop you from creating dangerous situations with those who share the road with you.

And before you read this the wrong way, I'm not asking to piss you off -- I'm just asking because I get the impression that you maintain a double standard about driver safety.

Those with video gear in their car that is always on, those who drive SUVs and think their car can save them from stupidity and those who drive automatics and are somehow less "in tune" with their driving are somehow worse drivers than an aggressive driver like yourself who believes they own the road?

Again, just a question, not an attack based off of what I've observed here on the board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts