BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about it, and despite the huge number of participants at some of the local autocrosses, I don't think I've *ever* seen an IS300 run. Plenty of modded imports (and some really goofy looking modded domestics, like the cadre of slammed Cavaliers at one recent event), but never an IS300.

If you have seen one run, how do they do? What class are they in? D Stock?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Alex Baumann said:

Why is Lotus Elan M-100 not eligible ? :confused:
Its power/weight ratio gives it too much of an advantage over most stock cars would be my guess.

Also, here is a page to get started classifying your car for the Boston CCA chapter autocrosses. It's most usefull for BMWs as they use SCCA classes and PAX modifiers for non-BMWs.

·
Addicted To Autocross
191 Posts
I Have Seen A Few...

Here are a couple of pics of recent Autocrosses I attended. Yes, they are a rarity, but in reality, there aren't that many e46s out there either. I'm usually the only one at the SCCA and Porcsche Club events. Most of the e46s are present at BMW events only. The guy in gray does well and he won 1st in D-Stock recently. He was driving very smoothly that I observed. I've beaten every IS300 I've come across so far, but I have the advantage of R-Compounds and experience. Depending on the course and driver, I believe the IS300 is very competitive. Also, someone with an auto IS300 placed 3rd in the Nationals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.