BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried this a few months ago on another board and got no where. Hoping by now that someone has discovered the holy grail, otherwise known as a front lip that fits a non-M Sport 2018 F30.

I have ordered two different CF lips that were advertised as fitting 2018 and neither worked.

I have ordered a lip from ebay advertised to fit 2012-2018 and it was not even close to fitting, so I returned it. It was not this one but same style: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Style-No...i/182628633241

Just received the following lip and it does not fit either.
https://www.ikonmotorsports.com/2012...bon-fiber.html

Has anyone found one they know to fit? Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
It doesn't seem that anyone cares to make something for the non M-sport bumper. I have the same one that you have in the first link (but not in carbon fiber). My only complaint is that the center droops on it.

Your second link does work. I've been on a search for a few months now and I was able to find one (I'll link it below) but I'm not a fan of it I'll continue to search and if I find something I'll let you know.

http://www.extremespoiler.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=97_248&product_id=631

Kies Motorsports has an install video of the carbon fiber version of this.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It doesn't seem that anyone cares to make something for the non M-sport bumper. I have the same one that you have in the first link (but not in carbon fiber). My only complaint is that the center droops on it.

Your second link does work. I've been on a search for a few months now and I was able to find one (I'll link it below) but I'm not a fan of it I'll continue to search and if I find something I'll let you know.

http://www.extremespoiler.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=97_248&product_id=631

Kies Motorsports has an install video of the carbon fiber version of this.
Here is the correct link for the second one: https://www.ikonmotorsports.com/201...es-4dr-oem-front-bumper-lip-carbon-fiber.html

How on earth did you get your lip to fit? It was not even close for me.

Also, the link you sent does not match the lip in your signature photo. The link you sent actually matches the second one (the working link I just posted above). The one in your sig photo matches the first link I posted. Neither fit for me though and while I like the second one far better, I would be content with fitting the first one, like you have in your sig pic, without the droop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, I should have clarified. That was the link for another one that it found like the one that Kies motorsports installed.

As far as fitment goes, since it wasn't carbon it was more flexible.....but still tight for sure. Pulled, stretched and drilled in. The problem with the non-carbon is that dang droop though, I'm trying to figure out a way to fix it though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I should have clarified. That was the link for another one that it found like the one that Kies motorsports installed.

As far as fitment goes, since it wasn't carbon it was more flexible.....but still tight for sure. Pulled, stretched and drilled in. The problem with the non-carbon is that dang droop though, I'm trying to figure out a way to fix it though.
Any chance you can link me to the video from Kies? I googled for a while and was not able to find it. Thanks in advance!

As for your lip, how did you get anything to line up? Check out my photos of the CF version. the lines didnt even match the front bumper. Its like it was for a completely different car.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any chance you can link me to the video from Kies? I googled for a while and was not able to find it. Thanks in advance!

As for your lip, how did you get anything to line up? Check out my photos of the CF version. the lines didnt even match the front bumper. Its like it was for a completely different car.
Here is the link: https://youtu.be/EVtDkypG7vo

It's for the other style of lip, not the one you and I have.

My center section is shorter than yours which makes it where there is no gap on the ends. I added two pictures of mine before the lip. Honestly, when I look at yours it looks like the F32 front bumper. What year and model do you have? Or maybe yours is LCI.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the link: https://youtu.be/EVtDkypG7vo

It's for the other style of lip, not the one you and I have.

My center section is shorter than yours which makes it where there is no gap on the ends. I added two pictures of mine before the lip. Honestly, when I look at yours it looks like the F32 front bumper. What year and model do you have? Or maybe yours is LCI.
Mine is a 2018 330i. The bumper differs between 12-15 and 16-18. That is why this is so challenging. I have found a dozen or so lips for 12-15 F30s, but not for mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine is a 2018 330i. The bumper differs between 12-15 and 16-18. That is why this is so challenging. I have found a dozen or so lips for 12-15 F30s, but not for mine.
Ahhh, I didn't know that. So all the ones that claim 2012-2018 are false. Well, it may take a while and someone to do something. Have you emailed some of the companies like Magic Drift directly?

Were you able to return that carbon fiber one? I may be willing to take that off of your hands for you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhh, I didn't know that. So all the ones that claim 2012-2018 are false. Well, it may take a while and someone to do something. Have you emailed some of the companies like Magic Drift directly?

Were you able to return that carbon fiber one? I may be willing to take that off of your hands for you.
I am planning to return it unless you want to pay for it plus the shipping to you? it was the last one they had, but if you are interested, I can tell you when my return has been completed and then buy it from them and save the shipping.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am planning to return it unless you want to pay for it plus the shipping to you? it was the last one they had, but if you are interested, I can tell you when my return has been completed and then buy it from them and save the shipping.
Well if you are getting a full refund then send it to them. I was trying to get it at a desperation discount....lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Want to revive this thread. Has anyone found anything? Looking for one for my 2018 330i
Hey how's it going, I think I may have found a couple. Might try one out. I have a 2016 328i non-m sport LCI. This is one I've found that may work, says 2016-2019.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.