BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver side window is acting weird. When I press the button the window rolls down normally for about 4 inches from the top of the door, then it slows down to a stop as if it is dragging on something then when it's past that point about halfway down it resumes normally again. It will return normally with no hesitation. The guy who did my window tint said he had a problem installing the tint because the window glass fit so snuggly in the area closest to the front of the car. It has done this since I bought the car and seems to do worse when it rains. Any suggestions? I sure don't want to replace the regulator!

·
FixItFaster
1,936 Posts
Sounds like your window is out of allignment. Try lubricating it first, if this does not make a big difference (it probably will help, but if its still slower than it should be), pull off your door panel and insulation. Loosen the bolt just aft of the regulator motor, adjust door window so that it is parallel to the window frame by adjusting the guide rails, raise door window so there is uniform submersion in the window seal, push down on the 'main stop' (the same bolt you loosened in the first place) and tighten the bolt.

·
Registered
12,432 Posts
^what he said. :D
(woulda answered sooner,but, like, i have bills and stuff so i gotta work :(.......unless someone on the fest wants to adopt me :D, i am housebroken...sorta....:p)

df

1 - 4 of 4 Posts