BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone here has plans on getting a 2003 and if so did you place your order yet ?

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Alan F said:
Just wondering if anyone here has plans on getting a 2003 and if so did you place your order yet ?
Why do you wan tto be the first one here to do so:dunno: :thumbup:

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Alan F said:
Alan, order a 330Cic so I can drive it...I want to see how it feels and sounds ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I put down money on a 2003 330CI in Estoril Blue on grey with ALL the options.. Price should be around 43,000-44,000. This was about 1 month ago... I won't know the exact price till BMWNA releases their pricing sheet in August...THe dealer assumes it will be delivered sometime in mid-late October.

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Has anyone here actually gave a deposit for a 2003 yet ?

CCs328Ci said:

Alan, order a 330Cic so I can drive it...I want to see how it feels and sounds ;)
Sounds good to me Craig . . . what color should I order . . . white ? ?

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Has anyone here actually gave a deposit for a 2003 yet ?

PM 325xiT said:

Why do you wan tto be the first one here to do so:dunno: :thumbup:
Are you trying to raise your post count :dunno:

:flipoff: :flipoff:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here actually gave a deposit for a 2003 yet ?

Alan F said:

Are you trying to raise your post count :dunno:

:flipoff: :flipoff:
No that was a serious question:tsk:

I know you have been out driving cars and have fallen to the cab bug so I thought maybe you were seriously considering ordering one. I'm hurt that you thought I would use you to simply up my post count :cry: :(

Oh and good morning :flipoff: :flipoff:

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here actually gave a deposit for a 2003 yet ?

PM 325xiT said:

No that was a serious question:tsk:

I know you have been out driving cars and have fallen to the cab bug so I thought maybe you were seriously considering ordering one. I'm hurt that you thought I would use you to simply up my post count :cry: :(

Oh and good morning :flipoff: :flipoff:
LOL . . . thanks for the laugh . . . I needed it . . . :thumbup:

To give you an answer I have seriously been thinking of just selling both my cars because the bottom line comes down to this.

The Eclipse though it's fun to drive is a rattle box that is loose as can be ... Sometimes I enjoy driving it and other times I just want to get into my Bimmer and enjoy the Solid feel of a car that isn't like a wet noodle.

The reason I'm stressing on this now is because being that it's a convertible, I would have to sell it now otherwise I will have to hold onto it till spring . . . so basically I've got to make a decision and stick by it. I really don't feel like putting ANY money into the Eclipse and I don't get a trusting feeling that it's going to go without any problems.

I love my BMW but I also love driving a stick . . . do I get rid of both cars, get a new 330Ci in a manual and manage to pocket a couple of grand or do I keep both cars and deal with a problem if it comes up.

BTW yesterday I was majorly gong-ho on getting rid of the eclipse but that was because it was making THE MOST annoying clicking sound everytime I pushed the clutch in & out . . . luckily last night I fixed it or I would have driven it into a brick wall . . .

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here actually gave a deposit for a 2003 yet ?

Alan F said:

LOL . . . thanks for the laugh . . . I needed it . . . :thumbup:

To give you an answer I have seriously been thinking of just selling both my cars because the bottom line comes down to this.

The Eclipse though it's fun to drive is a rattle box that is loose as can be ... Sometimes I enjoy driving it and other times I just want to get into my Bimmer and enjoy the Solid feel of a car that isn't like a wet noodle.

The reason I'm stressing on this now is because being that it's a convertible, I would have to sell it now otherwise I will have to hold onto it till spring . . . so basically I've got to make a decision and stick by it. I really don't feel like putting ANY money into the Eclipse and I don't get a trusting feeling that it's going to go without any problems.

I love my BMW but I also love driving a stick . . . do I get rid of both cars, get a new 330Ci in a manual and manage to pocket a couple of grand or do I keep both cars and deal with a problem if it comes up.

BTW yesterday I was majorly gong-ho on getting rid of the eclipse but that was because it was making THE MOST annoying clicking sound everytime I pushed the clutch in & out . . . luckily last night I fixed it or I would have driven it into a brick wall . . .
Glad the wall did not come into play:) We would miss you;)

You are right about needed to sell now if you want to dump the Eclipse (at least if you want to get your $$ out of it). Tough choice to make, I look forward to your agonizing over it:angel:

My $.02, if you can swing it and it makes you happy get the new car and enjoy yourself. Life is too short to second guess your self:)

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here actually gave a deposit for a 2003 yet ?

Alan F said:

Sounds good to me Craig . . . what color should I order . . . white ? ?
No, order red, manual... I thought you said long ago the Eclipse had no rattles....?

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here actually gave a deposit for a 2003 yet ?

CCs328Ci said:

No, order red, manual... I thought you said long ago the Eclipse had no rattles....?
Rattles is the Eclipse's middle name :p

If I gave you that impression than I apologize . . .

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here actually gave a deposit for a 2003 yet ?

PM 325xiT said:

Glad the wall did not come into play:) We would miss you;)

You are right about needed to sell now if you want to dump the Eclipse (at least if you want to get your $$ out of it). Tough choice to make, I look forward to your agonizing over it:angel:

My $.02, if you can swing it and it makes you happy get the new car and enjoy yourself. Life is too short to second guess your self:)
The $$ is the easy part, just think about it . . . $30-31k for the BMW (plus tax trade in credit) and $13-14K for the Eclipse gives me $43-45K to spend on a car without any out of pocket expenses . . .

The whole problem is I love my 330Ci with the Steptronic also and my car feels so good lately especially with the retrofitted steering that I don't want to get rid of it plus I only have 15,000 miles . . .

I would really love to trade the Eclipse for a 2003 Eclispe Spyder GT-S but then I've got to come up with $16,000 which I really don't want to do !!!

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here actually gave a deposit for a 2003 yet ?

Alan F said:

Rattles is the Eclipse's middle name :p

If I gave you that impression than I apologize . . .
Yes, you did..now I'm pissed
:lmao:

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here actually gave a deposit for a 2003 yet ?

Alan F said:

The $$ is the easy part, just think about it . . . $30-31k for the BMW (plus tax trade in credit) and $13-14K for the Eclipse gives me $43-45K to spend on a car without any out of pocket expenses . . .

The whole problem is I love my 330Ci with the Steptronic also and my car feels so good lately especially with the retrofitted steering that I don't want to get rid of it plus I only have 15,000 miles . . .

I would really love to trade the Eclipse for a 2003 Eclispe Spyder GT-S but then I've got to come up with $16,000 which I really don't want to do !!!
I told you what to do.. get the Cic later down the road..just kidding..thats actually what I would like to do in about a year...but I do LOVE my car... it seems to drive better now than before.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
783 Posts
CaliChris said:
I put down money on a 2003 330CI in Estoril Blue on grey with ALL the options.. Price should be around 43,000-44,000. This was about 1 month ago... I won't know the exact price till BMWNA releases their pricing sheet in August...THe dealer assumes it will be delivered sometime in mid-late October.
When you put your money down and reserve that spot in the schedule, do you start to negotiate again with the dealer (whether leasing or purchasing your car) when the official 2003 pricing comes out soon? Is the advantage lost in the negotiation since the dealer already knows you want the car? Or are you just assuming you will pay the sticker price, in order to get the latest and the greatest ASAP?

I am sure there is some explanation to this since people do it all the time.

Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts