Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the story:

One evening I had gone to feed my horses and I had my little yorkie in the car with me. It is warm outside, so I leave the keys in the ignition so the car can keep running to keep her cool. Well all the way from the barn, I hear two clicks and I think to myself-oh sh*t, my dog just locked the keys in the car with the car running. I was hoping that I was hearing things and that this did not really happen, but when I got back to my car, it was locked. My dog had stepped on the lock button twice and my extra set of keys were in my purse inside the car.:cry: I tried to get her to walk back over the lock button to no avail. Eventually, I had to give in and call a locksmith. After about thirty minutes, he could not get my car unlocked. He had to call his father to unlock it. When his father arrived he made the comment that he hoped my car wasn't like the bmw suv he tried to unlock. I asked him if he was able to unlock the other bmw, and he said no because it had a bar that kept it from being unlocked. I was starting to get a little upset by now thinking that I would have to borrow my mothers car and drive about thirty miles to my husbands work to get another spare key (thank God I had 1/2 tank of gas in my car). I walked off from the car totally stressing and next thing I know the car is unlocked. I was so relieved!!! So those of you that ever take your dog with you, don't do something as stupid as me and leave the car running without a spare key with you!:lmao:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
:lmao: Glad you don't own a monkey. Can you imagine it driving with a brand new BMW around ? :D

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
One of my friends takes her Pom everywhere with her in her E36 //M. She has had this happen to her twice, both times she could get him to push the button to open the doors.

Time for a "Hide-A-Key".

Haus

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haus- my dad and I tried and tried to get her to unlock the door for about fifteen minutes. I guess that could be a training lesson with her on how to lock and unlock the door.;) About the Hide-a-key thing, I've thought about it, but I'm not sure where to put it because I can't find a place that has enough metal for one to go.:dunno:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sometimes my husband acts about like a monkey, so I guess in a way I do have one driving my car at times!:lmao:

·
10,856 Posts
My fear of this sort of thing has caused me to carry a spare key in my wallet at all times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts