52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
lti_57 is right on. I've done this several times and it isn't very difficult. It's just a bit time consuming because of everything that needs to be removed to access the belt. Definitely take care of any "while your in there" items since it will be apart.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thank you for your post I really appreciate it. Can you give me a an estimate for about how long it will take me.
I did all kinds of crap painted my valve cover striped my ugly looking intake manifold.
set valves, replaced the oil seal on the oil pressure regulator next to oil filter.
changed oil, taped up some crappy looking wires. just a bunch of things
So it has taken me a while just messing around with it cleaning the engine compartment
re routing wires ( not a tuck)

but really you could do it on a sat if you got all the stuff.
i would recommend replacing the oil seal and oil "O" ring while you are there.
just pre order your stuff and have it on hand.
good luck

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,126 Posts
First time doing it will take 3-4 hours. Just follow the DIYs linked in a previous posting in this thread.

·
Registered
705 Posts
So the belt and tensioner, replace the water pump, flush coolant, o-seal...anything else? A 5 hour job for a newbie doesn't so too bad.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,126 Posts
You'll need a thin 32mm open end wrench for the fan clutch/fan. LEFT-HAND THREADS. Leave the belt(s) on, put the 32mm wrench on the hex behind the fan clutch and whack the wrench handle HARD with a metal hammer CLOCKWISE as you face the motor.

·
Old School
4,123 Posts
Go for it. Take your time and CLEAN EVERYTHING while you can get at it all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts