BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
708 Posts
Indeed, you should not use the xovers.

I have not installed any of those in that car, but they should fit, I suspect.

How they match up with the OEM dome mid is another question, and how the woofer will do off of the OEM amp in the ABS-molded door enclsoures is a third question. Tough car.

If you want a set, I have a new-in-box set of samples here, let me know.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yesterday, I received and installed the MB Quart RUA213 speakers on the front doors.

The sound improved a lot but, I'm still not 100% satisfied with the audio quality. I already got the Basslink II in the truck which helped a lot with the bass, but now I'm suspecting that the midrange domes on the doors are screwing up the sound.

Does somebody know a good replacement for these midrange speakers? These are 2" diameter, 8 Ohm.

I read on some other BMW forum that some people replaced these midranges with tweeters. This is plain dumb. Tweeters work with frequencies 4000 Hz and higher. These midranges probably work with frequencies in the range of 200 Hz to 4000 Hz.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quarts have a lot of sibilance...I used to be a Quart fan but after listening to other high quality speakers I realized they really aren't the be all end all...Talk to others and read around...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Quarts have a lot of sibilance...I used to be a Quart fan but after listening to other high quality speakers I realized they really aren't the be all end all...Talk to others and read around...
every speaker has it's pit fall for a car enviroment, hell let alone for a home. I have been doing quart since 95 as a consumer and professionally in 97, if anything is close to being better it would be Morel (of Israel) I tried DLS, Focal, Diamond, Beyma, and upteen others... and still find Quart the better. you just got to know how to tune them, and as for sibilance, most is from over produced recordings, not the speakers fault.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts