BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a coil problem which I've now fixed. With the original miss I had the SES light come on and once AutoZone pulled my codes, had P1343 (Cyl 1 misfire) and P0161 codes. Replaced Cyl 1 coil and no more miss so yesterday had my buddy clear my codes and reset the light so it was off. After driving for a short time the light is back on so took it to AutoZone again and the P0161 code is back. The P0161 code says Bank 2 Sensor 2 sensor heater circuit open or short circuit condition. Most times when you have that code is the O2 sensor bad? Is there a way to test one? Also where is it physically located on a 2000 540iA Wagon? I looked through the online service manual and couldn't find info on that.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
In a 540, bank 2 sensor 2 is on the drivers side behind the second CAT under the middle part of the car.
The heater circuit is either open or very slow in warming up. Common problem as they get old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.