BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Have you had significant issues near or past 100k? (328xi)

967 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Roman-dude
I'll basically be approaching my 100k mark in a few months and am trying to gauge how likely is it that things would start to break more often, since my CPO will run out by then. And hence if it's better to sell it now while it's still under the warranty and get a one with a lower mileage.

thanks.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I have owned my 2007 328xi since 54k miles... Bought it from the Manhiem auto auction off a single owner lease. This week it will hit 110k. It still purrs like a kitten... Oil changes every 7.5k miles... had the transfer case and auto trans fluids changed at 80k... plugs and coolant changed around 97k... I swap out my own power steering fluid to keep that fresh... So only PM and still running, and looking, great.

I'm wearing out some of the interior components faster than I think I'll wear out the motor!

I expect the coolant pump will fail within the next 50k miles, but other than that, I have my fingers crossed! :thumbup:
I'll basically be approaching my 100k mark in a few months and am trying to gauge how likely is it that things would start to break more often, since my CPO will run out by then. And hence if it's better to sell it now while it's still under the warranty and get a one with a lower mileage.

thanks.
I can tell you the top items that seem to failing on that model line are control arms and cooling system issues. We are starting to see more window reg. and door lock acutuator parts failing now but for the most part that seems to be the main areas to watch.

Max
thanks!
I can tell you the top items that seem to failing on that model line are control arms and cooling system issues. We are starting to see more window reg. and door lock acutuator parts failing now but for the most part that seems to be the main areas to watch.

Max
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.