BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Im new to this forum and BMW. I just bought an e46 and I will have it transported. I would pick it up but its too far.

Do any of you know if an auto transporter can transport a car without any tags? I guess my biggest fear right now is receiving the car without any title or anything. I would feel better if someone would say that they cant transport cars without paperwork(but it has to be true of course).

· Registered
188 Posts
I just had an e36 shipped from Seattle to central Texas...ran about $1000. I used Montway Transport and will use them again in the future if need be.

To your point, they never asked for a title or proof of ownership. Granted, the Washington state tags on it were still good. But yeah...I don't think they care as long as they get paid!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy had a good reputation but still I am so nervous now. Look at my username. I hope its not steelblue for nothing.

It should be illegal to transport a car with out any info. I find it weird that you can just point at a car and say "I want that car moved across the US" and its no problem. Any one can just pick up a car, drive it away and part it out. Thanx obama

· Registered
1,396 Posts
The guy had a good reputation but still I am so nervous now. Look at my username. I hope its not steelblue for nothing.

It should be illegal to transport a car with out any info. I find it weird that you can just point at a car and say "I want that car moved across the US" and its no problem. Any one can just pick up a car, drive it away and part it out. Thanx obama
and what's your address?

· Registered
8,071 Posts

· Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
7,751 Posts

Believe me, I love blaming crap on Obamalamadingdong...but he has nothing to with the transportation of vehicles.

Anyway, when the trucker picks a vehicle up someone needs to be there with paperwork and keys. They won't just take any car. And as long as the vehicle is off the ground (think car carrier or enclosed trailer) there is no issue with title or registration. A tow truck on the other hand can be a different story depending on where you live.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
I have been on the shipping end of two vehicles ('67 Barracuda and '79 Power Wagon). In the case of the Barracuda the new owner already the title to the car in his hands. I'm fairly certain it was the same with the truck as it sat at my place about a month while the new owner arranged for the least expensive shipping (it's cheaper if the trucking company can fit it in on a route rather than go out of their way). I've got plenty of room for something like that, so it wasn't an issue on my end. I don't remember what I gave the trucker, but they did give me a sheet documenting condition and any blemishes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.