BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03' BMW 330i been having lots of problems but the worst one is when I turn the key to start it and push the clutch in I turn to acc gets power fuel pump turns on, then I turn the start it starter relay clicks on and doesn't turn over. I'm starting to think its the starter solinoid. Can anyone help

·
Registered
609 Posts
It can be multiple things
first test the battery (free at any Autozone)
mentioned that the fuel pump works so we can rule that out
you can give the starter solenoid a decent tap and see if that help

if none of the above work
it can multiple things like key, ignition switch, clutch switch etc..

a little more info would help us festers' help you better diagnose

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also it will sometimes start if I hold it in the start position for while. Sometimes. Or keep turning key repeated time. It takes half hour or more. Idk if that matter

·
Keeping it surreal
43,184 Posts
How old is your battery ? If it`s over 4 years old, or you don`t know, replacing it with a new one ($100 at Walmart or Autozone) will likely solve your problem. Buy a battery terminal cleaning tool, and clean ALL cable connections, making especially sure the ground to the car`s chassis is clean & tight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shop says to check fuse 12 check ground from chassis to subframe, battery is good they did a VAP 40 and it passed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They also said it could be a 530 starting problem. Anyone know what that is??? They also said try unplugging the MAF so what's that??? Need help baddly

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,914 Posts
Had similar problems on my Jeep once. No CEL though. Replaced crank sensor and problem solved

·
Keeping it surreal
43,184 Posts
, battery is good they did a VAP 40 and it passed.
:rofl: "VAP 40 is a test for *your cholesterol level* :rofl:

"VAT 40" is a battery test....do you know what kind of a load they placed on the battery ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do not but I could ask. And it's been a while since I last had a change to test the battery coulda swore it was VAP lol well my mistake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts