BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 BMW 325Ci and my left front turn signal doesn't work because the brown wire going into wiring harness that plugs into the light bulb socket has torn away from the connector. Does anyone know where I can locate a replacement connector? or have a way that I can fix it somehow, even if that means rigging it.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I have a 2002 BMW 325Ci and my left front turn signal doesn't work because the brown wire going into wiring harness that plugs into the light bulb socket has torn away from the connector. Does anyone know where I can locate a replacement connector? or have a way that I can fix it somehow, even if that means rigging it.
I'd suggest taking it to a mechanic - one recommended by a friend - not just any mechanic. Doesn't have to be BMW. I'd bet they deal with this from time to time and will have something that will work and for cheap.

·
Rambling Wreck
2,073 Posts
Check out the parts diagrams at Penske Parts or RealOEM. Many of the diagrams for the commonly damaged or lost electrical parts, including exterior lights and the ambient temperature sensor, also list the part numbers for the corresponding connectors and the pins/sockets that go into them.

If there's no reference to the connector part number in the parts catalog, then look for a BMW part number on the body of the connector. The number will usually have 11 digits (a full part number) or 7 digits (a partial number). Then you can enter the complete or partial part number into the sites above to find the connector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts