BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All -

Our adventure has gotten off to a rough start. We arrived in Munich about two hours ago... without all 3 of our checked bags. You guessed it... Heathrow connection. :thumbdwn: I didn't expect it since the layover was over 2 hours, and it was a BA to BA transfer all within T5. I am told the bags will be on the next BA flight, 3 hours later and will be delivered to the hotel tonight. I hope to at least get my wife's bag tonight...

Peter (Rolf's associate) was luckily still waiting for us outside despite us being the last people left to exit the terminal. We hopped in his grey 3-series wagon and headed towards the hotel. Peter is very friendly and described lots of sights on the way.

During the ride he asked if I was a AAA member, which I am. He suggested we stop by ADAC and pickup the toll stickers, vest, and some maps. 15 minutes later I walked out with all the items needed (37 euro) and an envelope full of maps (free). Now there will be no need to stop near the border for those items. Excellent idea.

Peter dropped us at the hotel and spent a few minutes making suggestions for our stay in Munich. We'll see him tomorrow morning at 7:15 for a ride over to the Welt!

I hope for good news tonight so that we can fully enjoy the car presentation tomorrow! Stay tuned...

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts
Sorry to hear (but good to hear from you). Esp. on outbound flights, I typically don't check bags for this very reason.

·
Registered
118 Posts
hayden,

I'm almost as excited for you to get your car as you are. Almost. Congrats. Waiting for full review and especially want to hear about Autobahn. I've always wanted to drive the Autobahn.

·
Registered
118 Posts
One more thing...is there a way for you to post so this thread also shows up on the F01, F02 board. I usually go straight to that board and only found this by clicking on your stats. I knew your pickup was soon.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more thing...is there a way for you to post so this thread also shows up on the F01, F02 board. I usually go straight to that board and only found this by clicking on your stats. I knew your pickup was soon.
I don't think the same thread can show in both places. (At least I myself can't make that happen)

I'll post pics on this thread tomorrow and will post a link on the F01 board.

Thanks for the well wishes.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts
Cross posting is not permitted by Bimmerfest TOS.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Forget about those bags - the Maximilian Strasse is right there, go and buy some new stuff.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forget about those bags - the Maximilian Strasse is right there, go and buy some new stuff.

Enjoy!
Problem is my wife is 4 months pregnant. She had her "maternity" wardrobe all set.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts
Problem is my wife is 4 months pregnant. She had her "maternity" wardrobe all set.
BA has lots of flights to Munich. I am fairly confident they will get the bags to you quickly.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
As J said, they should be getting those to you pretty soon. In the worse case, ask concierge for a maternity shop.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am told the two most important bags are en-route to the hotel...

Here is a photo of the purchase at ADAC:

1. Austria Toll Sticker
2. Switzerland Toll Sticker
3. Receipt (I was told you need to have the receipt available with the stickers if stopped)
4. Vest
5. Folio of maps

Attachments

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
Congratulations for your wife, and good luck with the car! :thumbup:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am told the two most important bags are en-route to the hotel...
All our bags arrived during the night. We're getting ready to head down for breakfast... then the Welt! Things are looking up! :D

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts
All our bags arrived during the night. We're getting ready to head down for breakfast... then the Welt! Things are looking up! :D
Good to hear re the bags - and 'tis a far better thing that your bags missed the connection than had it been the passengers.

Early breakfast - guten appetit!

Don't forget the 12-hour rule :angel: (for the car, of course, breakfast photos are optional)

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Two comments, both related to you but not to each other...
  1. Congrats on the safe arrival of you and the luggage, even if the bags were somewhat delayed.
  2. Note to those who doubt what we say...see the comment below. Those vignettes are not transferable!

hayden said:
Receipt (I was told you need to have the receipt available with the stickers if stopped)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Happy to hear things are now on track. Like you, Peter welcomed us to Munich and I'm sure that personal touch did a lot to alleviate the initial situation. Sounds like his formerly blue wagon has turned grey? Does he still have that flying sticker on the back?

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Photos for now...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 230 Posts