BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Bimmerfest, This is hg745 a new member of this forum. I found this forum while looking for answers for problems with my '03 745li that I was not getting from my dealer of service guy. I find this forum to be exceedingly helpful. The very first day, thanks to Keif and Tech Freakandand 7up, I was able to easily change my spark plugs, reset the computer and reset the transmission. I think that when I reset the transmission it also reset other things because my remote seems to communicate with my 7 from twice the distance. Major thanks to Jones, he aided me in the registration process. without his help I would still be out in the ether. Bimmerfest is now my goto source for infor for my 745li

Again thank you all

P.S. I am also looking for a remedy for: upon rapid acceleration The 7 seems to go into a semi stall. akin to starving for fuel. or running on six cylinders. The dealer told me that i need a new valve body along with other things totaling several thousand dollars. sey when I stop, shut the car off, lock tha car then get in and start it again, it seems to work pervectly. If anyone has a clue please post a remedy, I have looked thru old post and don't seem to be able to find and answer. smile that doesn't mean that its not there Oh, i forgot it has 97,000 miles on it.

If I posted this in the wrong place please advise me. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello Bimmerfest, This is hb745 a new member to this forum. I found this forum while looking for answers tor problems with my '03 745li that I was not getting from my dealer of service guy. I find this forum to be exceedingly helpful. The very first day, thanks to Keif and Tech Freak and 7up, I was able to easily change my spark plugs, reset the computer and reset the transmission. I think that when I reset the transmission it also reset other things because my remote seems to communicate with my 7 from twice the distance. Major thanks to Jones, he aided me in the registration process. without his help I would still be out in the ether. Bimmerfest is now my goto source for information on my 745li

Again thank you all

P.S. I am also looking for a remedy for: upon rapid acceleration The 7 seems to go into a semi stall. akin to starving for fuel. or running on six cylinders. The dealer told me that i need a new valve body along with other things totaling several thousand dollars. when I stop, shut the car off, lock the car then get in and start it again, it seems to work perfectly. If anyone has a clue please post a remedy, I have looked thru old post and don't seem to be able to find and answer. smile that doesn't mean that its not there Oh, i forgot it has 97,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hb745 hello bimmerfest I am new to the forun, my 1st post

Hello Bimmerfest, This is hb745 a new member to this forum. I found this forum while looking for answers tor problems with my '03 745li that I was not getting from my dealer of service guy. I find this forum to be exceedingly helpful. The very first day, thanks to Keif and Tech Freak and 7up, I was able to easily change my spark plugs, reset the computer and reset the transmission. I think that when I reset the transmission it also reset other things because my remote seems to communicate with my 7 from twice the distance. Major thanks to Jones, he aided me in the registration process. without his help I would still be out in the ether. Bimmerfest is now my goto source for information on my 745li

Again thank you all

P.S. I am also looking for a remedy for: upon rapid acceleration The 7 seems to go into a semi stall. akin to starving for fuel. or running on six cylinders. The dealer told me that i need a new valve body along with other things totaling several thousand dollars. when I stop, shut the car off, lock the car then get in and start it again, it seems to work perfectly. If anyone has a clue please post a remedy, I have looked thru old post and don't seem to be able to find and answer. smile that doesn't mean that its not there Oh, i forgot it has 97,000 miles on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.