BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ron,

If you would, please let those of us not going know of any performance upgrades that look worthwhile....conforti software, etc. when you return.

Would have love to have gone, but being on the West Coast makes scheduling tough.

Thanks much as always for your advice.

·
Registered ABUSER!
362 Posts
Hey Ron. I'm driving down with the NE Convoy on Wed 28th. I look forward to my first HC as well as meeting you (the master himself!).

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Back from HC

2624 miles round trip.
No dents. No flats. No tickets.
M coupe is quite the cruiser, especially with the 3.46 differential. Last tank back from Waynesboro, VA averaged 25.6 MPG.
Only new S54 item I noticed was the Dinan strut brace. Looks good, but compresses the hoodliner just like the other one available.
Didn't take that many pics, but will post them in time. Here's one of the last M coupe.

·
Registered ABUSER!
362 Posts
So are you going to get the interior just like that last MC? It was stunning to see in person. Had that interior been available as an option, I would have chosen white too.

·
Premium Member
4,073 Posts
Lotus White is listed in the EPC.

So is Modena Natur, Tobago Blue, and a crapload of other Invididual colors.

You just have to be willing to pay.

I would have gone with a pure Individual color, except the Individuals are not available in extended leather. Just base leather. This means I could have used black leather dash pods, but I wasn't interested.

I actually think Imola Red with Lotus White would work. It would be like a 635Csi color combo.

Nice to meet you at HC, Alpina. Will post to Bimmerfest when we order more OEM interior car covers. If people pre-order it is a much safer buy on our end of the deal. Then we won't get stuck with $3000 in car covers.

·
Registered ABUSER!
362 Posts
Jon

Yes it was good meeting you too finally. That car cover is badass and I will certainly take one. Oh and I do remember seeing a Zinober Red M6 with Lotus White leather. If only BMW made interiors like that now.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
like the white with M3 ltw style graphics . . .

Outside of that M Coupe looks nice, but I'm not sold on that white/black interior.

This car is going to the museum, correct (not to be sold)?

·
^yup, it's me^
2,215 Posts
Re: Last M coupe rear graphic pics

Ron Stygar said:
According to Ken Sparks, the graphics are not available. One of two sets destroyed and the set on the car is faded.

When told about the problem with the graphics fading BMWNA replied "They all do that, it's normal"

I can't believe that they didn't just paint them on. Did you get the Pantone numbers for the vinyl? I LOVE that interior would be great in a sterling gray.

·
A Clean Windshield
2,245 Posts
Indoor cover

JonM said:
Lotus White is listed in the EPC.

Nice to meet you at HC, Alpina. Will post to Bimmerfest when we order more OEM interior car covers. If people pre-order it is a much safer buy on our end of the deal. Then we won't get stuck with $3000 in car covers.
Jon can you set up somewhere on your site or something where we can all get listed for a group cover buy? we have over 20 owners listed from a meeting at HC, we can e-mail them to see if they are interested.

·
A Clean Windshield
2,245 Posts
Re: Last M coupe VIN number

Ron Stygar said:
The Forbes Racing Team supplied me with the last M Coupe VIN number. Last seven digits are LK61339. Anyone have LK61338?
Could Forbes Racing list all the Coupe vin #'s in production order so we could know we are ## of 6292 coupes produced. Would be a cool fact to know for our very limited edition cars.

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Could Forbes Racing list all the Coupe vin #'s in production order...
Not likely:)

Hey Bob, it was nice to see you again this year. I can't wait to see what mods you have done by next year...

I found a two month old exhaust like Borrse's to put on my gray car. Now Sue can have the SuperSprint for her 99. She has been complaining that its too quiet!

·
Any ride will do
17,472 Posts
It was an honor to meet you, Ron!
I'm sorry that I had so little time, however. On Saturday night I was preoccupied with how I was to get to Nashville the next morning.

I'm in love with the interior on the white M coupe. I find it classy. FWIW.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts