Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAR RUNS GOOD, NO WATER IN OIL PAN, CAR DOESN'T OVER HEAT..
IS THERE ANYTHING THAT WOULD CAUSE OIL IN THE COOLANT BESIDES A HEAD GASKET ISSUE????
I NEED ALL ADVISE i CAN GET, MECHANIC SHOPS WON'T CALL ME BACK FOR A ESTIMATE EITHER..
THANK YOU ALL

2005 645CI CONVERTABLE

·
Super Moderator
8,325 Posts
IS THERE ANYTHING THAT WOULD CAUSE OIL IN THE COOLANT BESIDES A HEAD GASKET ISSUE????
I NEED ALL ADVISE i CAN GET, MECHANIC SHOPS WON'T CALL ME BACK FOR A ESTIMATE EITHER..
THANK YOU ALL

2005 645CI CONVERTABLE

There is a possibility that you could have either an oil cooler, or tranny cooler that could get in the coolant. Look at the link below to see if this fits the application on your car. If you are looking to buy this car having this problem, it will be very expensive to pull the head. The head gasket problem is rare, but possible. I would pressure test the system to try & find the problem.

·
Registered
277 Posts
THANK YOU ALL

2005 645CI CONVERTABLE
No shop will waste time quoting you for something they did not diagnose, especially when you haven't even had it diagnosed either. Plain and simple. Not to mention a large job like a head gasket, transmission, engine quote. Too many unseen variables for a professional to give you a quote.

Take it to a European shop, get it diagnosed, and pay them to fix it if they're a good shop with a high reputation and seem legitimate.

The fact that you are calling around for quotes leads me to believe you're probably trying to do this on a budget. I highly suggest you don't take this car anywhere else but a European shop unless you want a bigger mess than you are already in.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you guys , makes sense. yes I would like to keep a budget and understand your info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts