BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 528XI 2008 with standard headlamps and I would like to upgrade them to a much brighter lamps with out cutting wires in the harness. I have read other threads and haven found any items and help would be great thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Look on ebay. You can find conversion kits for like $30. Your bulb type should be H7. Just installed 10,000k on mine, the brighter the better they look great!

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I have a 528XI 2008 with standard headlamps and I would like to upgrade them to a much brighter lamps with out cutting wires in the harness. I have read other threads and haven found any items and help would be great thanks
HID conversion is the only way to go, but make sure your headlamp is projector style (not just the basic reflector) with much more intensity that light must be directional or you get flashed by blinded traffic all the time.

Also I prefer to stick to 6000K (daylight spectrum), the higher the number the bluer it gets. It has nothing to do with brightness, though blue perceive to be brighter than yelow.

I thought BMW makes all 2008 and later model to have HID standard already, no?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do i know if I have HID or projector style Lamps? I had to get a replacment bulb from the auto parts and its a H7-SU/2 bulb. Is there any name brand bulb to buy also what is the 10000 bulb you installed. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.