BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Head up display dissappeared this morning. All the boxes are checked for the display and the display resolution is set correctly.

Dropping of at the dealer next Tuesday.

Did anyone experience this?

·
Stuart in Houston
697 Posts
Make sure the HUD is toggled on. There is an on/off toggle button just to the right of the headlight switch.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Beemersn said:
Head up display dissappeared this morning. All the boxes are checked for the display and the display resolution is set correctly.

Dropping of at the dealer next Tuesday.

Did anyone experience this?
What kind of sun glasses are you wearing if any ?If you wear polarized sun glass you can't see the HUD display. Good luck
cheers
vern

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did you switch keys? The HUD on/off setting is also stored with the keys. I switched keys a couple of weeks ago and the HUD was off (along with all of the radio settings - at first I thought I had an electrical problem!).

The switch next to the headlight switch should turn it on regardless.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
astrohip said:
Make sure the HUD is toggled on. There is an on/off toggle button just to the right of the headlight switch.
Thank you Astro. It did work. I wasn't aware that there is a on/off swich for HUD. Still in the learning process. My busy work schedule keeping me in check.

·
Stuart in Houston
697 Posts
Glad to help! I've only had my 550 about 2 weeks, so it's a strange feeling to actually be able to help someone else :yikes: I'm still learning too...

Tonight, for example, I finally paired my bluetooth phone with the car. Had no problem.:thumbup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
astrohip said:
Glad to help! I've only had my 550 about 2 weeks, so it's a strange feeling to actually be able to help someone else :yikes: I'm still learning too...

Tonight, for example, I finally paired my bluetooth phone with the car. Had no problem.:thumbup:
I'm curious don't your CA's go over these things when you take delivery?

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,776 Posts
Sinjin said:
Mine took about two hours and was very thorough!

·
Stuart in Houston
697 Posts
Sinjin said:
Since you quoted my reply, I wasn't sure if you were referring to me or not? I wasn't the person asking about the HUD; I gave the answer. And yes, my CA went over the HUD switch. He didn't set up my bluetooth phone for me because I bought it about 2 weeks after I got the car. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
What kind of sun glasses are you wearing if any ?If you wear polarized sun glass you can't see the HUD display. Good luck
cheers
vern
oh my gosh this is true I was reading this thread because I have the same issue and took my glasses off and there it was like magic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts