BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped my subframe last night in order to swap it out for a non damaged unit and realized that installing headers with it removed is a 5 minute ordeal. My question is are there any used headers floating around here or any other forum that you guys know of? Are there "replica" headers out there? I know the header options are very expensive. If i do not go the header route, Does any one here have any experience with removing the cats? TIA --Rob

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I have not seen many people spending big $ on modding 6ers. (headers/cams/FI/etc...) Not hard to understand why when you can purchase an M6 for less than $10K over the price of an equivalent 650i.

If someone starts producing eBay headers @ $500 for the 6er they would probably sell like hot cakes. If you ask me it makes no sense to spend the $4K they want for the RD Sport headers.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have not seen many people spending big $ on modding 6ers. (headers/cams/FI/etc...) Not hard to understand why when you can purchase an M6 for less than $10K over the price of an equivalent 650i.

If someone starts producing eBay headers @ $500 for the 6er they would probably sell like hot cakes. If you ask me it makes no sense to spend the $4K they want for the RD Sport headers.
Agreed. And the headers could easily be improved upon to allow better breathing/power. The challenge is getting a matching tune for the headers, especially now that BMW has moved from GT2 to ISIS. If your car has been in for any service since 2009, you've unwittingly been upgraded to BMW's new, even more proprietary system, and there are even fewer options to tune it now.

If you want the performance, upgrade to the M6.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts