BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My light service lamp just came on. I checked the front of the car and several bulbs appear to be out on the driver side. However, I do not know what lights should be on at night or with day running at each switch position on each side. Can you tell me this information or where to find it?

Comparing the passenger and driver side, these bulbs appear to be bad on the drivers side: Both angel light bulbs and the daytime headlight. (I question if these went out at the same time but the warning light just came on.) Could it be the light control module if the passenger side is correct?

The lense cover is not broken but has scratches.

Am I better off replacing the whole light assembly or just the bulbs and perhaps the cover? Where is the best place to buy them.

Is this a laymans job or best left to a trained mechanic? I am reasonably mechanical but have no knowledge of how to get at the bulbs or assembly. It appears you take the tire off and remove the liner. Anything available to show how?

Where should I check on these parts?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My light service lamp just came on. I checked the front of the car and several bulbs appear to be out on the driver side. However, I do not know what lights should be on at night or with day running at each switch position on each side. Can you tell me this information or where to find it?

Comparing the passenger and driver side, these bulbs appear to be bad on the drivers side: Both angel light bulbs and the daytime headlight. (I question if these went out at the same time but the warning light just came on.) Could it be the light control module if the passenger side is correct?

The lense cover is not broken but has scratches.

Am I better off replacing the whole light assembly or just the bulbs and perhaps the cover? Where is the best place to buy them.

Is this a laymans job or best left to a trained mechanic? I am reasonably mechanical but have no knowledge of how to get at the bulbs or assembly. It appears you take the tire off and remove the liner. Anything available to show how?

Where should I check on these parts?

Thanks for the help.
I've seen a few videos on YouTube for E70 HID Angel eye conversion. I think you can take from it what you need which is stock replacement video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or07F5yd2y4

As far as tools go, I believe you can stick your hand in there and just pull it out (like in the video). Im sure you can find the bulb at any local auto parts store.

Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts