BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tried to make my headlights move upwards as I found they were rather low on my 2010 328i Wagon. To the point where it was rather difficult to see what was in front of me. When I tried to adjust the passenger side headlight, I turned the screw but the headlight reached a point where it would no longer go up, and it was way lower than the drivers side headlight. The screw seamed to make like a “clicking” noise when I kept trying to turn it, and every time the headlight would go up a tinny bit and then drop down. I know for a fact it has nothing to do with the adjustment motor socket being disconnected as my mechanic fixed that issue permanently by putting a pin through the ball joint (I had the drooping headlight previously)

Is there any other way I can fix this issue of getting the passenger side low beam higher up?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 110K miles NOKIAN WR G3 25K miles
21,403 Posts
I believe that headlight aiming standards are in FMVSS 108, and that YOU are not supposed to mess with them. Further, it is a federal crime to accept compensation for improperly aiming headlights.

Reactions: dukedkt442

·
Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
2,574 Posts
I know you said you “know for a fact” but that’s sure what it sounds like. Either that or it’s damaged and your maxing the adjustment.
It’s for sure not ideal but you can try and angle the whole headlight.
I see 2 other options, remove and disassemble and find out what’s wrong or replace it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.